Sign in to follow this  
Guest flight

Uh oh, and one other question

Guest flight

I recently decided to try a search and rescue flight from the Avsim library. Then changed my mind and went into my Add On scenery folder and deleted all that was there. Now I get this prompt every time I load FS9; "Scenery.cfg file error Local scenery directory (Addon SceneryScenery) in scenery area.038 not foundWas there a file in the Addon scenery folder that I shouldn't have deleted? If so, can someone tell me where to find it so I don't have to reinstall FS9? I have to many addons, and it would be a real pain to have to do that.The other question,When I use FSAutostart, one of the services will not let FSAutostart shut it down. It says "unable to shut down Webclient error 1053".Does anyone know what Webclient is and why it won't let FSAutostart shut it down?Thnx in advance.

Guest KChapman

>Then changed my mind and went into my Add On>scenery folder and deleted all that was there. Now I get this>prompt every time I load FS9; >>"Scenery.cfg file error Local scenery directory (Addon>SceneryScenery) in scenery area.038 not foundWhen you say you "deleted everything," do you mean that you deleted only the files you installed or deleted all files and folders in that directory? If you have an entry for the Addon Scenery folder in the scenery library, I believe you need to at least have an empty folder inside your Addon Scenery folder named "scenery". That may take care of your error.Kevin

Guest jetBlue_83

Find and make a backup of your "Scenery.cfg" file. Then, open the original and find the entry (usually towards the bottom)"scenery area.038"then, delete the lines that are underneath it (make sure you don't delete the lines for another "scenery area.xxx" . You shouldn't get the error anymore :)

Guest KChapman

>Find and make a backup of your "Scenery.cfg" file. Then, open>the original and find the entry (usually towards the bottom)>>"scenery area.038">>then, delete the lines that are underneath it (make sure you>don't delete the lines for another "scenery area.xxx" . You>shouldn't get the error anymore :)flight,Ramon is right, this will very likely remove the error, but please bear in mind that if you install scenery and textures to the Addon Scenery folder later, you'll have to add/activate it later as an entry in the Scenery Library or your newly placed addon won't appear in FS.I'm hoping that if you simply add a blank "scenery" folder inside the Addon Scenery folder (the way it was when you installed FS9) that the error will be gone and still allow you to have that folder conveniently active if you need it later.Kevin

Guest flight

Thnx to all who responded. I took Kevin's advice, as it seemed the easiest to start with, made a folder in Addon Scenery folder, named it "Scenery", fired up the ol' sim, and voila! No error message.