Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

EZDOK version 2.0 when?

Any word on a release day for v2 of this program or even the added features/benefits?

Or is v2 just a rumor and not really being worked on?

Any word on a release day for v2 of this program or even the added features/benefits?

Or is v2 just a rumor and not really being worked on?

It's been a year since 'v2 is nearly ready', so I think it's fair to say that it's either not being worked on, or it takes a very very far back seat to whatever is going on in their life/lives.

Either way, if it does ever materialise, is support going to be there?

I've almost given up on ezca so many times in the last year due to how buggy it is, particularly the sensitivity of their copy protection and its propensity for crashing (itself, and more often than not, fsx as well) if it detects a whiff of a debugger anywhere near the system.

It's a shame there isn't a viable alternative (opus's cameras felt far too clunky when I tried it), so I'll probably end up upgrading to 2.0 if it ever does appear.

Actually I thing there will be a small up charge for upgrading to v2. Strange about the crashing, I have never had this problem with ezdok.

Me too, I've never had any problem with v.1.7, it works perfectly.

Riccardo

OS: Windows 10-64 bit, CPU: i7-7700K @4.20 GHz, GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 G1 8GB GDDR5, RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz, MB: MSI Z270

Crashed all the time for me.  Both itself and also FSX at times.  I stopped using it. And when I reinstalled FSX, didn't reinstall it.  I think the user interface for Opus camera effects is rather clunky.  But the effects themselves are excellent, and, unlike EZCA, is usuble in helicopters.  I'm happy with Opus.  

I remember the developer saying a long time ago that there was some complicated programming required to complete the upgraded version.  Since there's been no recent progress, I assume he ran into some issues he couldn't overcome.  One of the primary changes was having the cameras react to wind forces...and with several different weather engines out there, imagine trying to get EZCA to work well with each of them.  I'm quite happy with version 1.7 however, so I'm not worried if the upgrade isn't released.

If v2 doesn't work out, the least he can do is release a free 1.1.8 to fix stupid things like the world camera. I have to run ezca config and then manually delete the world cam entry from cameras.cfg EACH TIME in order to avoid the flying objects / blurry scenery bug. So annoying while being, such an easy fix! :fool:

The reluctance to release simple fixes such as the one described above, yet charging 35$ for the software, don't go well together.

version V2.0.2.18 is still available

banner_f33_2.pngGV9Ut3S.jpg

X-Plane 11 -My favorite aircraft F33A BONANZA XPLANE 11 REP , CAR PREMIER 1A

The download can be found on the EZDOC Forum right now!

For what it's worth. I was a die hard EZDOC v1 user since it's release and I jumped at the promo upgrade price but after having to add exclusions to many different paths to my AV, a clunky UI and then the app not starting up with P3D I tossed in the towel and requested a refund. If you have more patience and luck than me I hope you get your money's worth and enjoy it. 

M

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=57230&SID=8781199ac617fefde59171244f52b8641087963&title=ezdok-camera-version-2-first-release-now-available

There will be a few bugs that will need to be figured out, but the more I use it the better it's getting to be. My money for

the upgrade is well worth it.

I'm sure once Chaseplane is released we will see some EZCA action. Competition and all that ; )

Kind Regards

Simon.