Sign in to follow this  
msyairtran

RC and Default AI

I renamed the Trafficxxxxxx.blg in the scenery/world/scenery and I still hear RC and the default ac talking to each other but I don't see the ac how can I make RCA not to have contact with the default AI and just the real life AC I have

Prerecorded chatter is unchecked in RC options, correct?

In FS9 the default traffic file is "traffic030528.bgl". To make this ineffective you would have to rename it to "traffic030528.bgh" or some other extension modification. By convention the traffic files are stored in FS\scenery\world\scenery but could be elsewhere in any scenery folder. A few add-on airports include a traffic file which does not even have the word traffic in the name.

To see what RC is seeing for ai traffic you can use the free utility from Pete Dowson called TrafficLook:

http://forum.simflight.com/topic/66136-useful-additional-programs/

Execute it after starting FS and loading a parked flight at a busy airport and busy time of day. Try KJFK or KSEA which I'm sure had default traffic. It will open in a separate window. You do not need to take off or have your aircraft running. You do not need to run RC just to inspect what is around. To switch windows between FS and Traffic Look use alt-tab. In FS options be sure pause on task switch is not enabled.

Ok I ran the program and see orbit soar world travel airwave so where do I look for these to either delete or rename them

FS9 has the file I mentioned. Go to your FS9 folder wherever you placed it. If you chose the default it is under your program files (or for a Win 64 bit system like many Win 7 system Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9. It would be on the disk drive you selected. Once in there click on Scenery\World\scenery and traffic030528.bgl should be in there. Rename it to traffic030528.bgh to make it ineffective. If you need to you can restore the .bgl extension to bring it back.

The next time you start FS9 it should reindex because of the name change. You can then again check with Traffic Look to insure Orbit, etc., is not showing up.

I also created under scenery\word\scenery a folder called traffic holds so I have "scenery\World\scenery\traffic holds" for storing inactive renamed traffic files. It keeps things simpler to organize.

WOAI files include WoA in the title with added airline name and schedule tokenized within the traffic file name as

"Traffic_000_WoA_TUIfly_Su11.bgl" and AIG has "Traffic_aig_evergreeninternational_winter_2012-2013.bgl"

I did rename the traffic file to Traffic030528.bgh I restarted FS but it didn't reindex I also checked Traffic Look and the default ac is still there. I'm running win8 and have FS installed outside Program Files (x86) would this have anything to do with it?

I did rename the traffic file to Traffic030528.bgh I restarted FS but it didn't reindex I also checked Traffic Look and the default ac is still there. I'm running win8 and have FS installed outside Program Files (x86) would this have anything to do with it?

Forget the reindexing. My error. What other traffic files do you have except for WOAI, MRAI, and AIG files?

You can also use a traffic type .bgl decompiler to examine flight plans. Look for AI Flight Planner freeware.

aifp2121.zip is in the FSX utilities section but it also works with FS9. You can open any traffic type .bgl from the flight plan editor I believe or the main window and that should let you examine what is in it.

You may want to move to the general FS9 forum as you'll have a wider audience and this is not specifically an RC issue.

The only other thing I can think of is that some traffic applications include the default traffic as an option and place them within their own generated traffic bgl file.

You can also do a Windows search starting in the FS folder for files containing traffic in their name. Maybe it has been copied elsewhere. If something shows up you are not certain about then just rename the extension as before until the problem goes away.