Sign in to follow this  
Nice

CLB THRUST ACCEL confusion

Hello,

Afte some tiem i am trying to refine my MD11 knowladge and skills. So reading FMC manual i found out about those CLB THRUST and ACCEL altitudes. After some time I tried one flight and I tried to alter those values mentioned above but what ever I input I get error OUT OF RANGE or soemthing like that....so I am confused as I follow the manual and I am not typing in altitued that are said in manual that are minimums that is 1000ft above ground...so I am confused since nowhere I cant found what is caousing this error and confused since i did not violate minimums prescribed in manual. SO what I missed? BTW could somebody indicate me to some good sorces on how to deal with those noise abatament procedures and finding those data on charts and properly interpreting that data.
Thank YOU!

Daniel

BTW could somebody indicate me to some good sorces on how to deal with those noise abatament procedures and finding those data on charts and properly interpreting that data.

Google NADP1 or NADP2, which are two internationally used profiles you could model your procedures off of.  Here in the States, a lot of them are localized procedures.

Not being able to see what you actually entered, I can't really comment on why what you entered didn't work.

Kyle Rodgers

so I am confused since nowhere I cant found what is caousing this error and confused since i did not violate minimums prescribed in manual.

The entry needs to be 1000 feet above the airport's elevation. For example, PHX is 1,100-some-odd feet. The entry would be 2,100-some-odd feet.

BTW could somebody indicate me to some good sorces on how to deal with those noise abatament procedures

There are two noise abatement procedures.

NADP 1:

1. Climb at V2+20 knots until 1000 feet initially.
  2. Reduce thrust setting to climb, and continue climbing to 3000 feet.
  3. Above 3000 feet, retract the flaps. Accelerate to minimum clean speed or 250 knots, whichever is greater.

NADP 2:

1. Climb at V2+20 knots until 1000 feet initially.
  2. Reduce thrust and accelerate to flaps up speed, whichever is greater while retracting the flaps.
  3. Above 3,000 feet accelerate to minimum climb speed or 250 knots, whichever is greater.

Generally NADP 1 is used more in Europe and other parts of the world while NADP 2 is used more in the United States. It also depends on your airline's operating procedure and what they train their crews to do during takeoff and initial climb.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

The entry needs to be 1000 feet above the airport's elevation. For example, PHX is 1,100-some-odd feet. The entry would be 2,100-some-odd feet.

That worked! Thank You! :lol: