Sign in to follow this  
Jacoba

Just Flight L1011 Update?

Update is out for their L1011, the text says they've installed an FMC. 

http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq/tristar-jetliner#Update1

Has anyone installed it, can report if its a decent quality FMC or a simplistic one?

Perhaps taken from another JF aircraft and made to fit the L1011, I am looking at this plane, but have my doubts, after buying their Hawker 800 recently... and being very dissapointed in it overall. 

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I tried it, but I'll never use it again and stick to the INS. It's a lite FMC so it's a bit like a glorified FSX GPS. Judging from the Hawker 800XP screenshots on their wedsite I would say the FMS in both addons are 99% similar.

They tried to fix the EPR issues but it seems that more bugs were introduced, for example the engine sounds and animations doesn't match what's really happening at times, e.g. the engines in external view sound like it's on cruise power even though the throttles are in fact idle. I had to firewall the throttles and pull it back to get the sound to match what's really happening. The external engine animations also showed the engines are running even though it's not.

Unfortunately a few of the issues weren't fixed, like the copilot's HSI.

@Avantime

Please make sure to report any new issues that you are experiencing to the support team.

Thanks

Martyn - Just Flight

Martyn - Just Flight

I too wish there would be an updated review post this SP. I found a German review over at http://www.simflight.de/2013/06/20/fix-fur-die-tristar-l-1011-von-justflight/#more-26532

This review is actually quite positive after the reviewer installed the service pack.

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

Worth noting that we have a demo and 30-day no quibble refund policy if you would like to make a judgement on the aircraft yourself.

Thanks

Martyn - Just Flight

Martyn - Just Flight