Sign in to follow this  
VeryBumpy

Ground Services X or EZDOK, which to get?

Also, with GSX, what happens to airport support vehicles that are already there when GSX kicks in? Do they run into each other and clip through or is GSX smart somehow to avoid the vehicles that are already around the populated airport? See pic.

As soon as you select a parking to be serviced (either on departure or arrival) GSX removes all default ground vehicles from it.

But if you have other default ground vehicles running around, they might run into those GSX vehicles that don't spawn from the parking but drives all the way from a far away parking vehicle, like the GSX Catering truck of the GSX Fuel truck so, you usually want to keep default ground traffic to a low setting.

But at least you won't see multiple pushback truck attached to your plane (unless you press SHIFT +P in addition to requesting pushback from GSX).

You won't see a duplicate Pushback truck anyway, because GSX patches the default ground vehicles .BGL file to get rid of the default Pushback truck. Of course, it restore it from a backup if you uninstall GSX.

You won't see a duplicate Pushback truck anyway, because GSX patches the default ground vehicles .BGL file to get rid of the default Pushback truck. Of course, it restore it from a backup if you uninstall GSX.

Thanks, I haven't noticed that so far. On a second thought: Does GSX remove the pushback vehicles from Dirk Stuck's "Ground X Traffic"? I pretty sure I've seen those pushback trucks at other gates (never at my own gate though).

OpusFSX has superseded what EZDOK can do BY FAR in EVERY aspect. You'll also find beneficial that OpusFSX is much better on the frame rates. Believe me, I've flown last 3 years with EZDOK and created huge libraries of cameras and effects. OpusFSX is just a better program overall and in particulars especially. I'm sure many of EZDOK proponents have just invested too much time in it and don't want (or can't find time) to switch to OpusFSX, just yet. As to GSX/AES get it at a later day, camera views system is more important compared to the pushback and airport vehicles.

Cheers, Dirk.

I have just introdued High Priority settings for the FSXSERVER, FSXCLIENT, and the server's TrackIR interface, available in the next beta to be posted this week. The TrackIR option will set both our FSXTRACKIR program and any active TrackIR4 or TrackIR5 programs to High Priority, this is needed on the few systems where TrackIR struggles to provide smooth updates under normal priority resulting in a few jitters.

These changes should help all those still struggling to get their TrackIR operating smoothly with OpusFSX, its the only thing needed on these systems to get the TIR program operating and updating its raw data smoothly.

Stephen :-)

Stephen,

I've had OPUSFSX for some time and its amazing.

Can you tell me though if you have plans to allow the mouse to pan around the cockpit like EZDOK becuase this is where EZDOK excels in manouvering around the flightdeck.

Im sure you know what Im on about, the ability to have the camera smoothly float as you move around with the mouse, as aposed to the deafult FSX space bar effort which is jerky an unatural.

If you could squash this, then I've no doubt a lot of EZDOK users would switch to the OPUS camera engine.

Keep up the excellent work btw - your addon is A+

We do not take control of the mouse and allow people to use the standard mouse look and hat switch panning within FSX, no need to reassign key commands, as a result they gain between 3 and 6 FPS in performance and can enjoy the realistic DHM and intelligent low and high level turbulence effects, all determined by the current meteorological conditions, only available with OpusFSX. No randomised wobbles are used at all, its all calculated and supervised by the LWE and all DHM has been captured on board real life aircraft (our own light aircraft and a B737-800). We are also developing the Live Camera Control interface which will allow live control of the camera, normally from a networked client (no FSX or FSUIPC4 required). This interface will also allow interesting panning shots to be created by the user to assist in movie making. Personally I wouldn't bother flying the sim without RW weather, RW DHM and RW intelligent turbulence effects.

Stephen

Of course the Live Camera Control (LCC) interface running on a client computer will be able to interface directly to the mouse and hence provide a variety of camera motion control. We are also adding a Live Weather Assistant on this client, we have made a start and now allow the client to run in 'No Connection To Simulator' mode, the current beta allows control of the LWE on the client, including specifying your destination, cruise altitude, up to four alternates, and processing a flight plan. You can also update or refresh the weather on the flying server through this remote interface.

Stephen

I will post the new beta including the High Priority options tomorrow. The next planned upgrade is to add import options for our recently completed Flight Plan Assistant (FPA) software. This is about the only thing left to add to the FPA. The client program is now ready for the Live Camera Control and Live Weather Assistant interfaces, both of which will be developed and enhanced over time in the usual manner.

Stephen

Stephen,

I've had OPUSFSX for some time and its amazing.

Can you tell me though if you have plans to allow the mouse to pan around the cockpit like EZDOK becuase this is where EZDOK excels in manouvering around the flightdeck.

Im sure you know what Im on about, the ability to have the camera smoothly float as you move around with the mouse, as aposed to the deafult FSX space bar effort which is jerky an unatural.

If you could squash this, then I've no doubt a lot of EZDOK users would switch to the OPUS camera engine.

Keep up the excellent work btw - your addon is A+

Just tick Mouse Look box in FSUIPC / Misceleneous tab and pan the mouse look to your heart's delight.   

Cheers,

Dirk.

OpusFSX has superseded what EZDOK can do BY FAR in EVERY aspect. You'll also find beneficial that OpusFSX is much better on the frame rates.

Eh? Unless Opus has changed dramatically since I last tried the demo 9 months ago, it lacks all kinds of viewpoint abilities that EZDOK does.

Does Opus do smooth transitions now? Can it do free look circling the aircraft? Can Opus do easy 'flying' inside the VC?

Also, I was not aware that EZDOK has a hit on frame rates? This true?

Does GSX remove the pushback vehicles from Dirk Stuck's "Ground X Traffic"?

No, it doesn't, an earlier version of the installer did, but it was a bit tricky trying to patch every possible pushback vehicle, so we reverted to patching only the default one. But it will surely be added in a future installer update, and it will be an option, assuming that if someone purchased a 3rd party ground vehicle, he would at least being asked to remove it first...

Also, I was not aware that EZDOK has a hit on frame rates? This true?

No that is untrue, there is zero measurable hit on the frame rate, it's no different than the hit you would get from moving the camera with the default move keys or by pressing the space bar and moving your view with the mouse.

Cheers, Andy.

In my opinion, EZDok, would be a better buy because it gives freedom. The default views just made me want to bash my ahead against the overhead because of how stale it got  :O.I don't own GSX, and I've always wanted a ground service tool, but I've never regretted getting EZDok. If you like to pan around sceneries, planes, or fly with the camera anywhere (i.e. World view), then this is the tool to get. It's the next best thing besides REX in changing the Flight Sim 'feel'. For me, I didn't have much trouble with key bindings as I've set the body movement keys with the WSAD keys (aka gamer keys) which is very convenient. Everything is quite simple and can be turned off globally with one button. Initially I was frustrated because it looked confusing, and refused to look at the documentation, but I'm sure you're more patient than I am.

As for EZDok vs. Opus, I can't speak for Opus as I don't own it, but I suggest you look into Opus actually- I'm intrigued with what people says about it but less so since I already have a camera tool that allows me to do exactly what I want. 

I have both and would recommend EZDok first then GSX.  The reality is that you will be using EZDok from the moment you load the flight all the way through the flight and to the time to shutdown.  GSX is only used on the ground and while a nice added touch it is not without its problems. it adds time to each flight plus is a bit of pain when it constantly bugs you to open and close doors.  Plus it does some annoyng things like send out the air stairs and a bus when you are at a gate with a moveable dock.  I know these things can be adjusted but it seems to me that it should be automatically setup.  One final thing that bugs me about GSX is that you will look up an actual gate to park online only to have GSX tell you your aircraft is too large for that gate....huh, I am using addon scenery airport, the same aircraft flown in real world but GSX won't let you part there.  I actually hardly use it anymore because of these issues.

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000

Just in case anyone is thinking of AES.  It only works for certain airports and you've got to buy 'credits' for these. I bought a lot of credits both for FS9 and FSX but found out eventually that you can use the same credits for both sims.

More importantly, although AES works with default planes it doesn't work with all addons.  

John

Supporter.png

John