Sign in to follow this  
slait

Majestic Dash Post Hype

So now that the new and shiny factor has worn off a bit, what are the thoughts on this bird? Good and bad...

Thanks in advance!

- Aaron

Hi

being a casual simmer my tough for the dash 8 is pretty positive. System wise it is barely complex. A very good short haul which is very suitable for my flight time.

It gives me very nice enjoyment.

There is also some negatives such as bouncing bug.

For the time being I enjoy flying it on Aerosoft Greek islands and Turkish airport sceneries made by "biber "

It fits very well for my simming style.

GT-I9300 cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

I love it. Joined a VA that uses it and really getting good at landing Her. My personal best is 32fpm. If you saw my first couple landings, you would think that number was awesome.

One downside still. GSX AND Free View are still messed up, but ACARS and l works fine now. Handles like a dream. Sounds awesome.

She is filling in the gap until FTX Global releases, then I will start to really stretch her legs.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

The good:

- Excellent modelling. Both visually as wel as the systems-depth and flight-model

- Relatively easy to learn to handle (though it does take some getting used to for experienced NGX/AXE flyers)

- Fills a hugh gap in the FSX short-haul field

The bad:

- Some shortcomings with GSX (I don't mind...)

- I don't have enough time available to take her into all the airports I'd like to take her!  :lol:

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

Great plane, just needs a simpler load manager like the AXE.

I've no gripes about the Majestic Q400 it at all, it's a truly fantastic piece of kit and months on I still don't think it's hyperbole to call it ground breaking. Looks good, flight dynamics are on another level, systems depth is fantastic, sounds are decent and performance hit is minimal compared to addons of a similar calibre. The pro version will add 2D panels if you need those.

The only downside to it is the lack of compatibility with addons that need to get certain variables from FS UIPC or G factors from FSX, but personally all my addons work just fine, including my airline's ACARS system. Also the included documentation is wanting at times, but the advanced tutorial available Majestic's website addresses this.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

I love it. Joined a VA that uses it and really getting good at landing Her. My personal best is 32fpm. If you saw my first couple landings, you would think that number was awesome.

One downside still. GSX AND Free View are still messed up, but ACARS and l works fine now. Handles like a dream. Sounds awesome.

She is filling in the gap until FTX Global releases, then I will start to really stretch her legs.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

You know the nickname of the Dash-8 is the 'Smash-8' for good reason right?

I dont understand the fascination of VA's with 'greaser' landings...........

Come on Glenn... You know it's better to be floating down the runway trying to ease the upwind wheel onto the ground gently in a crosswind. You stop much quicker than jamming the mains down, getting the spoilers out, the engines in reverse and the brakes on... ;-)

Back on topic, it's a great plane. Some would argue it's wrong to circumvent some of the FSX connections, but I imagine they also complain that the default free turboprop model is broke. I prefer the former... The sound is awesome. The prop noise is just right (in my subjective opinion).

Mike

I agree that it is a fantastic aircraft and full credit to Majestic for creating something so good.

My only negative is the much discussed steering on the ground issue. Like other aircraft I simply want to steer by using my yoke whilst under and also above 40 knots on take off and landing. Yes I know this is not realistic but without rudder pedals I would just like to forego that small piece of authenticity.

You know the nickname of the Dash-8 is the 'Smash-8' for good reason right?

I dont understand the fascination of VA's with 'greaser' landings...........

I don't understand either. A greaser is actually a bad landing. Okay if you happen to be flying a Cessna, but for the Dash and bigger airliners it's bad news. With such a gentle landing there's a possibility the spoilers will not deploy. Not to mention overshooting of course.

I agree with the others, the Q400 is phenomenal.

Agreed at -32 fpm you're waisting real estate.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

My 2c. I've not been much interested in tubeliners. Complex examples tend to be frame rate hogs and the long take off and landing requirements condem you to city airports where again frame rates take a big hit. But the Majestic Dash 8 is different. It has almost no impact on frame rates on my system, even though it runs full FMS. You can get into regional airports, so it's incredibly versatile and you can benefit from a less demanding environment. Sounds, graphics and systems are among the best in the business. Now I'm addicted! My GA fleet and military fighters are gathering virtual dust!

Cheers,

Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

I don't understand either. A greaser is actually a bad landing. Okay if you happen to be flying a Cessna, but for the Dash and bigger airliners it's bad news. With such a gentle landing there's a possibility the spoilers will not deploy. Not to mention overshooting of course.

I agree with the others, the Q400 is phenomenal.

Its not encouraged in a Cessna either..........just ask my CFI!!

I'll join in with those who like her. I also don't find enough flying time and right now I'm a little too taken with the Staggerwing and An2 but after I calm down a bit I will again stretch out my flights across Alaska and the PNW with Orbx scenery.

I enjoy the sounds and the fun of starting and activating systems. I've barely gotten into nav or radio and already its cool and I think the flight dynamics and response to control surface changes is very good. It taxis well for me using the yoke at low speed.

I like it and I don't know enough to point out any cons. Lots of flights ahead for this one.