Sign in to follow this  
Bernie5

Missing Textures with DX10

I have been running DX10 for a while now (following the advice in the indispensible Guide) & am perfectly happy with the look & performance.

However, when I try to bring some of my freeware FSX aircraft in, they are showing without any textures.  I have tried converting all of the files from .BMP to .DDS & modifying the config files accordingly, but to no avail.

I am using WIN 7 / 64 with an Nvidia Geforce 560ti, running 320.18 drivers.

Am I missing something obvious here, or do I simply have to accept the fact that using DX10 means that I have to sacrifice some older aircraft?

TIA for any help & guidance!!   :Praying:

I have exactly the same spec. like you..  videocard and OS... same drivers.. and all my ai traffic, for example.. are white!  ( monopoly 's airliners hahhaj)....    Personally i don't beleive it.. in convert textures.. ..  

Menduco

Note btw are you were  playing in my bsmt?? hahaha

Just re-read the guide & found mention of "Add on Converter X".

Downloaded the demo, & now got missing or transparent textures - plus no VC.

??

The Addon_Converter_X does not render all textures made from previous versions of FSX.  For those airports and aircraft, you will have to revert to DX9 (uncheck DX10 Preview).

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Yeah - Addon ConverterX doesn't necessarily convert all fs8/fs9 aircraft and scenery to FSX - DX10, but it makes a good attempt at it. It does work very well for a lot of the DX9 textures, which is what it was intended for.

Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer specifically targets these older textures, and will convert them/make them usable in DX10.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Paul, do you have any idea when Steve will release his program ?

Thank you, carsten

Steve's DX10 Scenery Fixer specifically targets these older textures, and will convert them/make them usable in DX10.

Sounds good - hope it's out soon as I'm missing flying the old Chippy (DeHavilland Canada Chipmunk for anybody below the age of 30.  Alright, 40!!)  ^_^

Sounds good - hope it's out soon as I'm missing flying the old Chippy (DeHavilland Canada Chipmunk for anybody below the age of 30.  Alright, 40!!)  ^_^

+1 on this hope. I just went through my library, and DX10 does not seem to work with any of the PAD aircraft, nor the Alpha Ciel stuff. Most of the aircraft I don't fly anymore, but I do miss my Corsair!

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Hi,

I've had success with Posky aircraft in the past, but after some serious problems not related to FSX, I'm reinstalling slowly and carefully.

Everything is exactly as before with one exception.  I've put FSX back in its default place to end the extremely long start up times with it in its own drive.

So far I've got two Posky 777s, and a Just Flight 777 which won't work in DX10, no matter what I try.  Each of them worked in my last install.

I've tried setting my Nvidia drivers from latest to 314.22, but no luck.

Strangely, SweetFX worked for me before, but it now makes FSX disappear.

I'll get Steve's new utiltity the moment I hear it's released!

Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

hmm,  that was the one and only aircraft that I tested with the demo of addon converter x, and it worked.  some of the aircraft textures were slightly translucent, and the pilots had no heads, but it rendered the textures.  have you downloaded all of the fsx compatibility patches for the chipmunk?

Yes, got all of the patches - but like you, transparent & missing textures.

I tried:

Going back to Nvidia 314.22

Shader Release 3.1.1

Copied saved shader folders back to current positions.

Copied corrected aircraft folders from an old backup (aircraft which were ok before).

Not being a Tech Wizard, that seemed to me to as close to my previous settings as I could get.

Result:  No difference at all.  :(

Jim

Asus Rog Maximus VIII Hero, i9-10900k 4.8GHZ, Corsair H100 cooler, 32GB Corsair Vengeance 2666, RTX3090 20GB, Win10 HP 64-bit, 3 Monitors "19-22-19", Vive Pro 2 Headset.

Chip for FSX... better props

PM me if it doesn't work.

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Sorry! Meant to start a new topic.