Sign in to follow this  
Airbus Commander

A330 Engine Failure on Takeoff caught on Camera!

A Thomas cook A330 yesterday lost an engine on Takeoff and it was captured from two angles on camera. Interesting watch:

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Hey Ro, wrap the links in tags.

Thanks a million, that solved it. I tried adding in "&feature=player_embedded" but that didn't seem to do much good.

Anyone know why the forum doesns't do this automatically anymore?

Regards,

Ró.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

Cheers for the videos Ró. Looks like the crew knew exactly what they were doing, that rudder came on fast!

edit: Just realised that the rudder imput could have been automatic. Ró does the A330 have a TAC, similar to the 777?

I wonder who had to clean up the cabin.

No TAC on the 330 (or any other bus) the inicident was an engine surge as far as I'm aware, it didnt fail completely.

Rob Prest

Amazing reaction if there is no rudder assists.

That Simon Lowe sure knows how to shoot the birds on video.   I love his work!

Cheers for the videos Ró. Looks like the crew knew exactly what they were doing, that rudder came on fast!

edit: Just realised that the rudder imput could have been automatic. Ró does the A330 have a TAC, similar to the 777?

I just did some research since I'm curious about that too, but, what I did find out was that the A320 series does not have that feature. I saw something about an "engine-out" assistance available for the A300/A310 however. To finish up, since the A320 and A330/A340 aircraft have such extreme similarities to help with the type ratings, I doubt that the A330/A340 have a TAC feature. This of course can be answered by Ró, because he would know better than we do!

Question has already been answered.. No TAC

Rob Prest

No TAC on the 330 (or any other bus)

Thanks for the info.

My cousin visited Manchester Airport yesterday, so I will have to ask him if he saw that. What time of day was it?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png