Sign in to follow this  
Tatave

Water is too bright and cannot be changed

Hi, 

I'm having an extremely frustrating experience with night flying- the water is WAY too bright. I have REX 2.0, FS Water Configurator and Bojote's Shader mod. Despite everything I have tried, the water does not budge and remains that unrealistic bright colour. Is there any way to get around this, perhaps a setting somewhere in REX?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Kevin L

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Using a different set of water textures may fix things.

Edit: Are you seeing the moon reflection or is all the night water too bright?

Are you seeing the moon reflection or is all the night water too bright?

Good point! There's a bright moon night sky right now and on June 23 the moon made its closest approach to Earth during its elliptical orbit, (making it appear much larger in the sky than usual and prompting being called supermoon). I don't know if FSX captures the 'supermoon' but it certainly appears to plot the phases and local position correctly.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Thanks for the quick replies. I'm afraid this has nothing to do with the moon since it also happens during new moons. The water looks as if it glows.

A picture is worth 1000 words, so here's a screenshot:

e8k4.jpg

Thanks,

Kevin L

Do you have DX10 enabled? You should try the water-fix inside the bonusfolder of Steve's DX10 shaderfix. It helped me get rid of water like that.

I think it only works on DX10 though, so if you are on DX9, this probably won't help you.

I fixed this with Water Configurator, but I believe that doesn't work in DX10.

It does work in DX10 - You just need the FSWC lite version with the modified DX10 shader.

when flying at night try setting your water slider in fsx to 1x low  maybe that will help

when flying at night try setting your water slider in fsx to 1x low  maybe that will help

Apologies for the late reply (I wasn't able to test FSWC and such recently). FS Water Configurator still isn't working, and I tried your suggestion. Turning off water effects solved it! 

Thanks to all who helped. 

Thanks,

Kevin L