Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

AOTD for 6/25/13 - The Sleeping Giant

Not much of a description for this one so it should be an interesting cache to hunt. Could be a tree, a mountain, or a really big person.  What do you think?

I'm going hunting. :lol:

Enjoy.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

By the title and the coverage areas, I'm thinking a mountain just south and a little west of Hanalei Bay, on the island of Kaua'i?

Of course there is that old-time saying, they only tell you when you guessed wrong...

The position of the Aerocache is not on the real Sleeping Giant. The original position is a few miles to the south.

I guess the placement makes it a bit more interesting as far as a cache goes. I thought it was fun to fly between the two peaks to collect the cache.

Landed and looking back.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Thanks, Rick. If it wasn't for you, I would not have known where to go, or even on which island to seek this Aerocache. :lol:

By the way, nice repaint. I like the colors. B)

On the runway at Lihue ready to start the Hunt.

Giant_01_zps88360cfa.jpg

That must be it up ahead.

Giant_02_zps767d1478.jpg

This Aerocache is just crying out to be gotten inverted. :lol:

Giant_03_zpsd4597e2b.jpg

So, that's what I did.

Giant_04_zps58a698dd.jpg

Giant_05_zps49c959d0.jpg

It's always a shame to roll right side up again, here overflying the site of the Aerocache for a closer (normal) look. :rolleyes:

Giant_06_zpsd7a1779e.jpg

Back at Lihue, parked on the apron.

Giant_07_zpsbaa4e0ff.jpg

Best regards.

Luis

Thanks, Rick. If it wasn't for you, I would not have known where to go, or even on which island to seek this Aerocache

Luis, I just got back from a short vacation and had no interenet accesss, so I missed this one myself. It took me a long time to get the placement just right and was a lot of fun. I thought that the location would have been pretty clear on this one with just a couple of web searches. Did not want to make it too easy after all. Perhaps I was just way too familiar with this location. It can be clearly seen on the road (or in the air) from Lihue to Kapaa. A number of years ago  I had climbed the "Giant." Beautiful  view from up there and not a bad uphill hike. The depiction in msflight is very accurate if not the EXACT location. Can you see the yellow stearman on the ground between the two prominent peaks, that was fun.

Steve

Did you hike back up there in Flight, Steve? :lol:   With less sweat and fatigue, I bet!

Best regards.

Luis

Yes Luis,being about 25 years older now, the virtual hike was much more relaxing this time around!

Steve