Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

X-Plane 10 HD Mesh v2 - PREVIEW

Here are some first PREVIEW screenshots (mostly from the European Alps) of my upcoming new X-Plane 10 HD Scenery Mesh v2!

https://picasaweb.google.com/101666907909842492197/XPlane10HDMeshV2PREVIEW

(it seems Picasa has somehow blown up the saturation of the images ... don't know why)

dhc3t_32.jpg

A short list of the improvements:

• increased mesh density
  • improved forest representation (in Europe, reprocessed/improved raw forest landclass data)
  • all new OSM data (streets, railways, power lines, water)
  • linear OSM rivers included (Tag:waterway=river)
  • some - minor - landclass tweaking (like strip mines or riverbeds etc.).

Planned coverage:

• Europe (this time, entire Europe)
  • USA (complete)
  • Alaska
  • possibly parts of Canada (like the West)
  • ... etc. (depends on the data size ... but this time the single DSFs will be even larger, so ...)

Release? Hopefully this summer (most of the things are already in place, but there are a few things - partly not in my hand - which need to happen before).

Great news Andras, I'm especially happy for inclusion of OSM linear rivers. It will be a great improvement!

How about South America? Any chance we're getting an update as well? I'm pretty sure nowhere else in the X-Plane world needs it as badly as South America. I'm not saying it needs to be the same HD quality as Europe, but any improvement will be better than what's default right now!

Thank you very much

Alexis Mefano

Xcellent news! Really looking forward to this, especially a it looks like the mountainous areas are going to get the treatment first.

Does this also mean some of the riversides, lakesides and coastlines won't look so jagged and straight-edged?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Nice work! Thank you for your efforts.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Great.

Now, if only X Plane had a fractal mesh / noise refinement generator to get rid of these sampling artifacts, especially in the mountains , that would be so great!

Minos

Andras,

I've said it before, but I'll say it again.... wink.png

X-Plane is a much better place because of your tremendous efforts. The entire community owes you a debt of gratitude for all your hard work.

Slightly off topic but are there any good airport addons available for the Alps area so I can make a base?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

How about South America? Any chance we're getting an update as well? I'm pretty sure nowhere else in the X-Plane world needs it as badly as South America. I'm not saying it needs to be the same HD quality as Europe, but any improvement will be better than what's default right now!

Thank you very much

I read this at the x-plane developers blog !

Alpilotx says:

June 24, 2013 at 10:36 am

Here is the short comment of Albert we have in the artwork repository from his latest check-in:

“There are 62 new textures (+ 20%) which now represent tropical, partly subtropical and some other landclass data entirely new and adapted to V10, along with a large number of changed, improved or adjusted former textures.”

So, as you see, its mostly the tropical areas which got his attention lately. And as far as I know, there were some minor improvements for the more temperate zones …. mostly in preparation to upcoming DSF re-cuts and my continuing HD Mesh work (where in both, we try to have some little landclass improvements).

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

Thank you very much

Hi Alec ... uhm ... in one way or other, South America should (hopefully) get his share too. What I know is - this is almost sure - that even the official DSF re-cuts (http://developer.x-plane.com/2013/04/dsf-recuts-some-basics/) will cover the most critical spots down there. Like for example Rio .... which is now definitely looking more sane than before (have checked it some time ago). There the main problem was, that our previous DEM elevation data was a "little bit" hosed. Now the data is better, and Rio looks a lot more like a normal place (yes, you can even - halfway - recognize the Sugarloaf).

And should Ben hesitate, then i call still cut you a smaller RIo area :brazil-flag:

Xcellent news! Really looking forward to this, especially a it looks like the mountainous areas are going to get the treatment first.

Does this also mean some of the riversides, lakesides and coastlines won't look so jagged and straight-edged?

Yes, they "automatically" improve with the higher resolution mesh (as they directly depend on it) ... but at least "some" edges will never completely disappear.

I think the really "big" improvement will be the many, tiny line rivers from OSM. They really add to the landscape in many many areas (in the mountains or even more in the flat land, where you usually have less other, prominent features to catch the eye). And I have also spent some time to improve the scenery generator code (well, I usually don't mess with it - but in rare cases I just need to :-) ), so in narrow valleys, the rivers still look halfway (not perfect, but still ...)  sane (without going wildly up and down).

I read this at the x-plane developers blog !

Alpilotx says:

June 24, 2013 at 10:36 am

Here is the short comment of Albert we have in the artwork repository from his latest check-in:

“There are 62 new textures (+ 20%) which now represent tropical, partly subtropical and some other landclass data entirely new and adapted to V10, along with a large number of changed, improved or adjusted former textures.”

So, as you see, its mostly the tropical areas which got his attention lately. And as far as I know, there were some minor improvements for the more temperate zones …. mostly in preparation to upcoming DSF re-cuts and my continuing HD Mesh work (where in both, we try to have some little landclass improvements).

Hi Strider: well, thats correct, but that comment was more about artwork (the textures and their abstract TER definition files). I think, Alec was talking more about to landscape (especially elevation data - which at the moment is hosed for example around Rio ... just check it out).

Slightly off topic but are there any good airport addons available for the Alps area so I can make a base?

Aerosoft's Lugano X comes to mind.

@alpilotx: will this addon work alongside the osm+autogen files from simheaven?