Sign in to follow this  
alpilotx

X-Plane 10 HD Mesh v2 - PREVIEW

I would believe that when you have osm autogen on higher priority in the scenery list it will overwrite the autogen stuff but not the mesh data? Atleast that would be logical in my mind.

And amazing work once again Andras! Love the v1 mesh and this looks like a great improvement. :smile:

Yes, of course it does work with OSM + Autogen!

With OSM Scenery from SimHeaven there are different possibilities, how it combines with my scenery:

• all EXCLUDE ... it removes all autogen buildings (NOT roads) and possibly all forest (depends on how its configured) and replaces by OSM buildings / forests
  • no EXCLUDE... it removes NO autogen buildings (NOT roads) and NO forest and directly mixes with by OSM buildings / forests
  • smart EXCLUDE (is an upcoming feature, not currently available - will take some time to my knowledge) ... only excludes autogen buildings where there are "enough" (which will be possible to parametrize in osm2xp) OSM buildings ... otherwise leave autogen where it is.

The last option with smart EXCLUDE will be the way to go once it becomes available.

UPDATE: and of course in none of those cases does the OSM Scenery mess with the HD Mesh. That always stays there. BUT, if you take Photoscenery from SimHeaven, then that does indeed replace the mesh. Thats why I am in close contact with PilotBalu from SimHeaven, and he plans to re-create the Photoscenery files based on HD Mesh (yes, because the photoscenery generator derives the base mesh and all extra overlay info from an existing "normal" mesh)

Thank you!

This looks and sounds really good, I'll definitely install this on release.

UPDATE: I have just re-uploaded all pictures after I finally found the - well - hidden setting in Google, which over saturated all of them (why did they set this as default at all ... argh). Now everything looks normal ....

Did anyone say Outerra? Outerra what? Outerra who? :lol:

My sceneries (excerpt): LPMA Madeira, LGSR Santorini, the city of Fürth (Germany), ...

Awesome stuff alpilotx - is great to see this platform continually move forward!

Danny Hicks

Hi Alec ... uhm ... in one way or other, South America should (hopefully) get his share too. What I know is - this is almost sure - that even the official DSF re-cuts (http://developer.x-plane.com/2013/04/dsf-recuts-some-basics/) will cover the most critical spots down there. Like for example Rio .... which is now definitely looking more sane than before (have checked it some time ago). There the main problem was, that our previous DEM elevation data was a "little bit" hosed. Now the data is better, and Rio looks a lot more like a normal place (yes, you can even - halfway - recognize the Sugarloaf).

And should Ben hesitate, then i call still cut you a smaller RIo area :brazil-flag:

Such great news! THank you! Can't wait to see the result of this newer data. Rio sure needs some care! Let us know!!

Alexis Mefano

Many thanks for your responses Alpilot. A couple more questions for you:

1) Any noticeable FPS difference with the new mesh?

2) I think you mentioned a while back that a Japan mesh was on your radar. Is that still the case?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Many thanks for your responses Alpilot. A couple more questions for you:

Since he already answered thuis in another forum:

Sure, it consumes some FPS, but not to bad on a rather fast computer, but you need RAM, the minimum is probably around 8 GB.

Great work Alpilot! 

Thank you for taking the time to make these great mesh's

Rob

That was already answered: but yes, it doesn't comes for free ... while it won't kill your machine, it will definitely need much more RAM than default. Thus 32bit X-Plane won't make you happy for long, neither should you start with less than 8 GB of RAM (I fly it with 16 GB RAM, and thats fine)

2) I think you mentioned a while back that a Japan mesh was on your radar. Is that still the case?

Yes, I did ... but I am afraid, it won't come in the way I planned. The problem is, that the organization I took the new landclass data from, didn't allow me to use it for now.They are still in the process of improving / validating their data (its a scientific project) and only want to have it in the greater public, when they are finished (which they told me is expected to happen at the beginning of 2014).

Great work Alpilot! 

Thank you for taking the time to make these great mesh's

Rob

And again - I try to point this out from time to time - to avoid confusion: I like to use my pseudonym in full, with the X at the end B) (because the name without the X has no meaning for me anyways).

Wow, amazing work. I love your New Zealand one. I can't wait for an updated Hawaii as well. :) Can't wait for this.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

You da man! Looking forward to this upgraded mesh.

Presumably this will eventually replace the v1 European meshes in your d/l section?

Yes, the old HD Mesh Scenery v1 will be completely replaced (and removed) ... (I think, there will even be a "downtime" of a few days, while I delete the old stuff and upload the new).

I'm really looking forward to this on a few different levels. Press on!