Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Anyone have the Jetmax 737TQ?

I have the Jetmax 737 throttle console hardware on order. Reading the manual says I need the FDS Glare Application installed as well so it works with the NGX. I am thinking I can bypass it and just use fsuipc for assignments, axis's and calibrations. I don't have their MCP thus don't need that functionally from the FDS Glare Application. Or is it needed for specific PMDG SDK offsets through fsuipc?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Eric 

I have a Jetmax setup its awesome !!! next I am saving up for the overhead panel.

I have the full set up, and have just ordered the overhead.  It is an excellent quality product.

You may be able to use just the FSUIPC settings, but if you have any problems you will find that Peter & Steve Cos are very helpful, quickly responding to any query you might have.

Regards

Frank Jones

I have just re-read my Jet Max Throttle Instructions.  You will need the FDS-Glare PMDG Module to operate the TQ with PMDG's 737.

I use iFly737CBE with my set up.

Regards

Frank Jones

Hey Jonahbird did you have any trouble programing landing gear and flaps on your Jetmax? I seem to behaving trouble my lights wont light up on the landing gear or flaps.

FDS-Glare PMDG Module

What is this module..I am seriously considering the Flight Deck Throttle too. I was under the impression it was plug and play. Not different from any other USB throttle that I can assign using FSUIPC!

Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Hi Manny

I have the full set up so I don't really know if the TQ used as a stand alone needs the module software or not.

As you, apparently, use the PMDG aircraft I suggest you read the FAQ on the JetMax website.  If still in doubt, ask the manufacturers.

Frank 

Hi Pilot767

I had trouble initially, but Steve discovered I had been sent the wrong driver - an XML file.  Contact JetMax for advice on this.

Frank

Regards

Frank Jones

I do.  And, after years of resisting a dedicated set up, as opposed to a generic one, I wish I done it sooner.  Only problem - it does hit your wallet.

I still have my Precision Flight Controls based set up for low and slow flying, but the JetMax with all its lifelike knobs and switches is the most used of the two.

Frank

Regards

Frank Jones

When I had the Jetmax TQ I used it with the NGX without using the glare application. 

You can interface directly with FSUIPC. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Has anyone managed to get this Jetmax TQ working with the Aerosoft A319 package through FSUIPC? I cannot get it to...

Eric 

I'm thinking of getting this too. My question is, when you operate leavers on the TQ will they also move on the NGX? Like the fuel levers?

Vernon Howells

The JetMax TQ is not motorised - if that's your question.

Regards

Frank Jones

Hi what i'm saying is if i move a leaver on the TQ like the fuel cutoff levers will they also move in the NGX

i also checked out jetmax FAQ about using this with desktop products like PMDG and its no advisable....

Vernon Howells

It works fine with PMDG NGX.

The fuel cutoff switches are trigger buttons (ON/OFF) positions if I remember correctly, and not an axis. 

You can use FSUIPC to configure the controls. 

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering