Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

757 Delayed :(

"Hello guys,

Today I have to be the bearer of bad news. Unfortunately we have to delay the release of the 757. We found it impossible to fine-tune the behavior of the 4 different 757 engines as close to reality as we want. Therefore, we need to get some changes into X-Plane's own jet-engine model first. Philipp is currently working with Austin on some other aspects of the X-Plane core engine and will eventually also get the needed changes for the 757 into X-Plane. Therefore, we are currently not posting a new release date, as there are too many factors at play, like the release schedule of X-Plane itself.

With every bad news a good one is sure to follow. As a little perk we have decided to release something which was planned for the end of the year, but we have moved it to the front burner so you have something new to play with till the 757 is out. Any guesses? .."

I had a feeling this would happen :(

A good 787 lol

This is sad but good at the same time because you guys are helping x-plane be more accurate.

a54316-5.png

Is this 757 hardcore?  Thanx.

Definition of hardcore:  PMDG or LDS jets.

spacer.png

Not good. Somehow I had the feeling this was going to happen. I was looking forward to using this bird on my vacation. Seems that is not an option any more... Now I'm depressed. :(

Skickat från min Nexus 4 via Tapatalk 2

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

If it is indeed true that LR is cooperating with them to get additional aspects of a jet / turbofan engine simulated in XPX, that's great.

One of my biggest quirks has to do with the unrealistic Idle N1 vs N2 values, not to speak of the more complex three+ stage turbofans....
N1 always reads wrong when, for instance. a turbine fails inflight although you keep getting more or less plausible N2 readings... On N3 and EPR based tuirbofans I believe the details can be even more problematic to get to realistic figures...

I hope they take their time to work on that...

Austin has, once more, kindly replied to my email regarding navaid reach in XPX, and he told me that he may get into that one when he finishes the many tasks in hands right now.

As we all say / think, it'll take it's time, but XPX is getting better from day to day :-)

P.S.: I do not really know if the OP was meant to be... a surprise, and the 757 is in fact just about to be released (?)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Is this 757 hardcore?  Thanx.

Definition of hardcore:  PMDG or LDS jets.

Probably will be the best tubeliner ( because there is no really good PMDG level tubeliners yet)  for x-plane on release but I am waiting for the IXEG737 (  will be the standard bearer) .   I bought the 777 from R+P and flown it 3 times,  I found it to be that bad. Too many systems inaccuracies for me.  Considering that Nick from the .org is involved with R+P dev  I doubt the 757 would be more accurate systems wise.  I don't think nick is the type that would be willing to wait out a PMDG or IXEG dev cycle and that is what is needed to get the systems right. 

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

I bought the 777 from R+P and flown it 3 times, I found it to be that bad. Too many systems inaccuracies for me.

I actually thought it was rather good.  I've flown the original PMDG 737 and the 747.  All the main systems appear to be simulated, and generally it seems to perform very well.  What systems don't you like?

Things I like:

- Control surfaces tied to individual hydraulic systems

- Bleed air and pressurisation systems appear to work as I'd expect

- Engine start behaviour is convincing.

Some things need some tuning, in particular:

- Sounds
- VNAV calculationed T/D and T/C points typically several miles out from where they should be.

I just talked to Austin ...he says no one has contacted him about this.    Having a 3rd party influence Laminar on core model changes is a dangerous thing.  At IXEG, we have customized the engine model just fine through the SDK....so no reason the 757 team can't either and I will be quite vocal if another team causes us to have to re-write our engine model because they couldn't get it done.  I would lobby very heavily against one team getting Austin to make such a fundamental change without consultation with a consortium of developers.  Where did you get your information?

TomK

Today I have to be the bearer of bad news. Unfortunately we have to delay the release of the 757. We found it impossible to fine-tune the behavior of the 4 different 757 engines as close to reality as we want. Therefore, we need to get some changes into X-Plane's own jet-engine model first. Philipp is currently working with Austin on some other aspects of the X-Plane core engine and will eventually also get the needed changes for the 757 into X-Plane. Therefore, we are currently not posting a new release date, as there are too many factors at play, like the release schedule of X-Plane itself.

With every bad news a good one is sure to follow. As a little perk we have decided to release something which was planned for the end of the year, but we have moved it to the front burner so you have something new to play with till the 757 is out. Any guesses? ..

Please do us all a favor and use the quote function rather than just putting quote marks around these kind of statements so that you get the result as you see here. By doing as you have done in your original above, someone is going to take you as a commercial member and report you, which as you know, has happened in the past and causes no end of gnashing of teeth and wasted energy.

[quote]Today I have to be the bearer of bad news...[/quote]

Using the BBCode Quote function removes any confusion immediately. Thanks.

I actually thought it was rather good.  I've flown the original PMDG 737 and the 747.  All the main systems appear to be simulated, and generally it seems to perform very well.  What systems don't you like?

Things I like:

- Control surfaces tied to individual hydraulic systems

- Bleed air and pressurisation systems appear to work as I'd expect

- Engine start behaviour is convincing.

Some things need some tuning, in particular:

- Sounds

- VNAV calculationed T/D and T/C points typically several miles out from where they should be.

I think they did a fine job with the FMC nav functions from what I could tell,  but v speed predictions appear to not work all that well,  the engine control system is very poorly simulated ( assumed temp is very broken, Alt eec does not function properly) the sounds are AWFUL,  it sounds like your outside the plane with  the APU running or the flaps deploying.  taxi lights do not turn with the nose wheel.   

They also tied both flight directors together,  to me it's a medium level sim,  in high level sims like the NGX and what IXEG is building  

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB

Ok, Got some clarification.  There is a proposed change to the engine model in x-plane, it won't affect us at IXEG and anything beyond that I can't speak for the 757 team, so their "press releases" are the goto information from them.

TomK