Sign in to follow this  
motoadve

Oculos rift Virtual glasses

I'm buying this the second its released.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

You get a headache and drop from your chair after 15 minutes the latest...so buy seatbelts too ;)

Flo

I just don't get the hype when it comes to this. Yes it's like really being there. But with the screen now filling my view, how the hell can I operate throttles, switches or other equipment outside the sim.

I just don't get the hype when it comes to this. Yes it's like really being there. But with the screen now filling my view, how the hell can I operate throttles, switches or other equipment outside the sim.

For my part, I think I'll setup a proper HOTAS rig, and run every possible function from that. Preferrably on a consumer-level motion rig like the Joyride.

If it was for flight sim only I might not, but I'm definitely gonna run racing-sims on it as well. 

Has it been reported to cause headaches after 15 mins use?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Has it been reported to cause headaches after 15 mins use?

from what i hear some people who have get motion sickness get this. alot of people say once they use it multiple times they get rid of the motion sickeness. 

and for the complaint that you cant see your keyboard. i believe it wouldnt be that hard to install a webcam inside the rift. by pressing the left side you can disable/enable the webcam on one eye and thus giving you the option to see everything

and for the complaint that you cant see your keyboard. i believe it wouldnt be that hard to install a webcam inside the rift. by pressing the left side you can disable/enable the webcam on one eye and thus giving you the option to see everything

Actually the mini-webcam on the front of the goggles is a great idea. These guys have a working prototype to solve this exact problem:

http://3dvision-blog.com/8901-adding-a-web-camera-to-the-oculus-rift-can-be-quite-helpful/

Future work includes overlaying the images instead of only having one or the other. Personally, I'd have it angled maybe 45° down (or adjustable), since that's where most of your controls are going to be. Front view options include grayscale so there's no confusing colour clashing, plus brightness and transparency levels... and maybe cropping out the top 50% of the image

Actually the mini-webcam on the front of the goggles is a great idea. These guys have a working prototype to solve this exact problem:

http://3dvision-blog.com/8901-adding-a-web-camera-to-the-oculus-rift-can-be-quite-helpful/

Future work includes overlaying the images instead of only having one or the other. Personally, I'd have it angled maybe 45° down (or adjustable), since that's where most of your controls are going to be. Front view options include grayscale so there's no confusing colour clashing, plus brightness and transparency levels... and maybe cropping out the top 50% of the image

Surprisingly simple solution indeed ! If they manage to get the overlay working, one could even use it with a full home cockpit, given a very selective lighting and some precise tuning of the webcam(s).