Sign in to follow this  
Joseph29

Can someone recommend a good C-130

Well it looks like I will not be able to get my Captain Sim C-130 plane working in Windows 7 (Captain Sim was no help and no one seems to know how to fix my problem) so I was hoping someone can recommend a good alternative. Thanks!

I've flown the CS C130 with Win7 without problems. What's going wrong?

In spot view the plane has no props or wheels, it's just floating about the ground. I also have no elevator or aileron control. All Captain Sim said to do was to un-install the plane, delete the registry files and then re-install (I did that a few times and it didn't work).

I started a thread about this problem here in the forums, but no one knows what to do.

Are you using a download copy on FS9/FSX or a boxed version? Have you made alterations to sim or acrft and what else are you running. What airport have you loaded it on. You may have another acrft which is causing you the problem.  I too run W7 64 and have no problems w/ C-130. How did you delete acrft before re-install, I always go into files and look for left overs from a acrft after uninstalling and I always find something, eg. gauges. I am no expert but a corrupt installation and incomplete uninstall would be my first thought. You have been around a while and thus the obvious you probably already know, but even us long timers will miss something now and then. If you have any more info about your sim, add-ons etc. that would help w/ maybe solving the problem.

Polar here are answers to some of your questions.

1. I am using a downloaded copy (FS9). (I got it from Simmarket) and I also tried the download from Captain Sim's website.

2 I haven't made any alterations to the aircraft and the only alterations I have done to the sim is terrain alterations in the FS9 cfg file.

3. No other aircraft is causing any problems.

4. I have loaded the plane at different airports (default and add on airports) and still no wheels or props.

5. I deleted the plane using the uninstall option that came with the plane. I also tried deleting the plane using CClearner and the Windows 7 control panel.

No. 2 Terrain alterations, maybe you should look into this as you said the arcft was floating also go back into FS9 and make sure your uninstall has left nothing. Remove any and all liveries to somewhere else, copy to another folder outside of FS9, have everything as it was before ever loading C-130.

I bought the CS download some years back then a boxed version, the instructions said, you cannot have both versions installed, they are different, so I went into all files looking for anything C-130 and removing it before loading the boxed version. I don't know if your downloads would be different but remove both versions, re-download Sim market version and do everything by the book, firewalls etc. This will at least insure your install is okay.

Just out of curiosity, your FS is updated to 9.1?

Just another thought.  Have you checked to see if the texture files are actualy present for the wheels and props.

I ran into this problem with another aircraft a while back.  I just replaced them and the problem was gone.......John

The C-130 Works fine in Win7. This actually happned to my CS757 when I first switched over to win7. Your aircraft is in a demo mode as some license file or Guage did not install correctly.

Disable UAC in Win7 when installing licensed FS aircraft and always make sure you run the installer as administrator. Of course you can re-enable UAC after the install.

Rich

Just out of curiosity, your FS is updated to 9.1?

LOL love that dog..

Thanks for the tips guys. I will try to install this plane again tomorrow. I am getting a error code #11 now and the Captain Sim website said the website is undergoing maintenance until tomorrow so I think that's why I am getting that error.

Just 2 more things. Yes I do have my FS9 updated to 9.1. And my main FS9 is not in the x86 folder so I do not need to deal with the UAC thing in windows 7.

TrueNorth: If what I am seeing is the demo mode (It probably is) how do I get the correct files to display the plane correctly?

I was just read through the Captain Sim forums and there is someone that is using FSX that has the same problem as me (I am using FS9 though). It suggests to look at the cfg file to activate certain CS things. Maybe I have to do something like this for FS9 also?

Here is the link to the thread http://captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1366751685/0

Hi Joseph.

I've been thinking about your C130 problem and after the third thread my memory finally kicked in. I had a similar problem last year. I found no help and ended up working out for myself that my missing undercarriage and VC were caused by a mismatch between my boxed version1 C-130 (marketed by JustFlight) and my downloaded v1.1 C-130J  upgrade.

If I recall correctly, from my posts here http://forum.avsim.net/topic/387162-c-130j-for-fs9/ the problem was caused by the aircraft.cfg calling the wrong model for several variants. Take a look at the thread: it may give you a clue about how manually to set up the aircraft.cfg

All the best,

D

edit: I was subsequently so impressed I bought the company bought a whole range of Captain Sim C-130 stuff direct from them. Never had another problem.

another edit: probably the most useful bit for you will be the link to CS's help pages in the thread I mentioned.

D

I am at the point where I am about ready to give up on this. Now I am getting a error code #11 issue when I try to install this dam plane! :mad:

I am at the point where I am about ready to give up on this. Now I am getting a error code #11 issue when I try to install this dam plane! :mad:

Loading a program w/ incorrect format.......I hate to ask you, I know you are P off, do you have the right acrft w/ right sim? Also please give a step by step as to what you are doing when you load so we can all be sure you have done as required. These codes are worthless when many issues could be causing the problem. I assume you have done as we suggested before loading. Stay calm, we have all been through an experience which makes one want to throw it all out the window. :wacko:

P.S. this is actually good, it did not load, thus no missing parts, if we can solve this issue, you may be in business.