As for the steps

1. Right click on the exe, click on "run as administrator"

2. click on next

3. accept the license agreement

4. put in my activation code, then click next

5. this is where the error code #11 is now coming up

So now I can't even get the dam plane loaded onto my computer!   :mad:

Hi Joseph.

Have you had a look through CS's knowledge base? You'll surely find a reference to error code #11 there.

D

As David says, also my experience with this code, I did not insert the key correctly

From Simmarket

LOST REGISTRATION KEY

Normally you can retrieve your registration key from the respective order details page in your customer account online. Should you have received your key directly from the developer/author/publisher of the product then you need to request the key directly there. Support addresses are shown in the products manual and/or on the respective page in the shop.

I asked about this in the Captain Sim website, they answered me by saying go to the knowledge database then locked the thread! Problem is I did everything the knowledge base said and still nothing. It is like my registration key code has been blocked! I am REALLY HATTING CAPTAIN SIM NOW!  :angry:

I asked about this in the Captain Sim website, they answered me by saying go to the knowledge database then locked the thread! Problem is I did everything the knowledge base said and still nothing. It is like my registration key code has been blocked! I am REALLY HATTING CAPTAIN SIM NOW!  :angry:

Joseph, I don't know what to say about CS, this is the typical response you will get from them. You purchased the product from Sim market correct? You should be able to download the product from your account with your e-mail and order number if I recall correctly, do this . If it still does not load, fill out a ticket for support w/ SM. I have always had good luck when going this route. Be very specific w/ them as to the problems. I feel sure that your loading is due to the activation key and hence you should inquire about a new one. As for the other problems, textures, get the plane loaded then we will see if they are still there. You should not be having these problems, I am running W7 64 bit and my Just Flight boxed version loaded and works w/out any problems. I look forward to hearing how things go. Don't give up

I agree with Polar.  CS support is useless, and the only function of their staff who monitor the forum seems be to delete or lock posts from angry/confused users. 

I found that someone else was having the same issue you seem to be and they directed him to KB 660....look at this thread at their site (if you haven't already)

http://captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1369163714/9

Regards,

Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Steve Dra.........Yes I have seen that thread and tried the stuff it talks about. No luck.

Polar.......I filled out a help ticket with both simmarket (where I bought the plane) and Captain Sim.

Joseph29, on 28 Jun 2013 - 9:05 PM, said:

Steve Dra.........Yes I have seen that thread and tried the stuff it talks about. No luck.

Polar.......I filled out a help ticket with both simmarket (where I bought the plane) and Captain Sim.

Good, keep us informed. When I decided to purchase the Just Flight version I did so because it comes with a detailed British RAF base and the air refueling. If this excites you consider getting the boxed version. It also comes w/ a small printed manual. I fly mine usually every year for a few 100 hours. I like doing Canada, Alaska and Greenland w/ it in winter.

Thank you very much for your help Polar and everyone else.

Well I heard back from the Simmarket help ticket (that was quick!). They said to copy & paste to avoid typing errors when entering the activation codes (I do that) and make sure there is no un needed spaces left or right of the activation code (I do that). They also said if this is a "to many activations" problem then I have to contact Captain Sim. And with that I highly doubt Captain Sim will do anything for me. But we shall see I haven't heard back from them yet.

Here is a little update. Captain Sim cancelled the help ticket I sent them. They said to use the knowledge base, which I have done and none of it helped me, and I told them in the ticket I sent. Well I am DONE with Captain Sim! Those asses will not get another dime from me!!

Now back to my original question. Can someone recommend a good C-130??

Here is a little update. Captain Sim cancelled the help ticket I sent them. They said to use the knowledge base, which I have done and none of it helped me, and I told them in the ticket I sent. Well I am DONE with Captain Sim! Those asses will not get another dime from me!!

Now back to my original question. Can someone recommend a good C-130??

Sorry to hear that Joseph.

I held any additional comments about CS's deplorable service and tried to give them the benefit of the doubt that they would somehow give you better support than they gave me, other to ban my account when I persisted in their forums trying to get an answer myself after going through the proper channels as you did.

Unfortunately I don't know of another C-130 out there so that puts you in a difficult situation.

All I can tell you is disregard CSs worthless efforts, continue to post  on their forum, explaining that once again CS's suggestions did not work and you're open to more suggestions.  They have some pretty good helpers there they may be able to help before their ridiculous and worthless moderator locks your post again.

Hopefully you can get an answer there before CS, in its arrogance and total disregard to actually help a paying customer, will warn you to stop posting for a question they already answered (which of course they didn't resolve), then eventually ban you because you disobeyed them.

That, sadly is how they run their company, and this forum is full of former CS customer's fed up with their practices.

Just reading about their 777 project from both their site and here, they have many unhappy customers STILL waiting for a complete aircraft they implied was done by releasing 1.0 (a move they did only because they milked all the money they could from their now infamous CIP program).  Next they come out with a 1.1 version to fix blatant errors so bad as to render the plane unflyable.

You just have to read through the 100s of pages of issues on their 777 forums to see that they have so much work to do to get it right, but they chose to build an L1011 instead.  The funny thing is that they have a guy they probably dont pay a dime to but is responsible for 90% of the help there, giving many customers many of the quirky work-arounds to make the plane at least load. 

That is another thing about every one of their planes.....As you've experienced...IF you can get it to load, most of the time you have to apply an exhausting array of tricks, fixes and backward methods to actually fly their planes.

I wish you luck with any future encounters with CS, they do manage to build great looking exterior models which draws many an unsuspecting customer to them like a moth to a flame...but just like that moth...once you get drawn in (and pay your money), you get burned by the CS flame of non-existant customer service and planes that may only fly marginally well IF you can successfully apply the myriad of workarounds.

Most sane people give up after awhile and hangar their CS fleet (or delete them totally). 

Regards,

Steve Dra

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Sorry, no other C-130 comes even close to the CS 130.

Has been one of my favorite aircraft in FSX.

Have you tried installing a separate FS9 and then install the CS 130 ?

Though I personally have had only positive experiences with CS, I've heard enough horror stories to know that your struggle isn't unique. But I will tell you that the C130 really is worth struggling for. I like the suggestion above about a clean FS9 (upgraded to 9.1) install and then installing the CS 130.

It doesn't come close, but Alphasim have released their C130 lineup as freeware. Go to the Virtavia website and you can give it a try. But trust me on this - it doesn't even remotely compare to the CS 130, which I run on my setup with no problems. (Windows 7  x64 bit)

Good luck. I know something like this can leave a really sour taste but if/when you get this thing solved, you will have some very happy hours with the CS Herky bird...

Cheers

Ian