Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wolke85

Wrong RW callouts - 06 instead of 07L at PANC, Ted Stevens

Hello Eveyrone!

I recently got RAAS spelling "On RW 06" instead of "07" while actually on runway 07L at PANC.

I am using Aerosoft's PANC scenery there - not sure if this might cause this mistake, but i thought it appropiate to add this info here too.

Is anyone else encountering this issue at PANC?

Or am i the only one?

And if 07L is indeed being confused with 06 by the RAAS - what can i do / can be done, to get it corrected?

Thank You very much in advance for any advice!

Cheers, Christoph

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

RAAS reads the data right out of the sim.

It's possible the Aerosoft airport has the runway miss-labelled in code.

At any rate, try running Make Runways again.

I fly PANC a lot; can't remember that issue.

Be sure to download the latest makerwys.exe and update the runway database with the most recent version only (from schiratti.com).

Bryan and Oliver: Thank You both very much for Your kind and helpful advice!

I will "makerwys" do its job again when time allows it and recheck again then.

But i am now most confident to get this minor issue sortet with "makerwys".

Thank You!

Cheers, Christoph

Sure you heard '06' and not '06 left'?

Default PANC rwy 06L and addon rwy 07L are pretty much in the same spot - next rwy06 would be PAMR or even PAED.

Anyway, after checking both PANC default and PANC Aerosoft with the AAX RAAS, it should all be fine after a successful rwy database update.

(Update from within the FSX root folder via latest makerwys.exe will do;   N O   need to copy any files to the RAAS folder! To be sure, run makerwys.exe 'as admin'.)

Hi Oliver!

Thank You very much for taking the time to again adding new information here.

Now i did use the "RWYMaker" tool and did let it run as admin and all that within the FSX root folder.

I then got - as explained in the MakeRwys-manual, various files installed into the FSX folder.

I did however delete them afterwards again as i was not sure what to do with all the information provided there.

In fact i intended to ask about all this sometime ahead, but my time at the sim is a bit shortened currently, so i decided to leave it "as is" for now, instead of messing up anything.

But now i got encoureged by Your latest reply here Oliver and so - here is my question:

Should i leave these files installed into the FSX directory by the MakeRwys tool - or should i delete them.

In regards to PANC i for instance read this information in one of the files installed by MakeRwys:

[...]        

Runway 6R/24L centre: N61:10:04.2551  W150:00:12.6392  152ft

Start 6R: N61:10:04.1255  W150:02:00.0955  152ft Hdg: 89.9T, Length 10871ft

Computed start 6R: Lat 61.167820 Long -150.034426

Start 24L: N61:10:04.3522  W149:58:25.1848  152ft Hdg: 269.9T, Length 10871ft

Computed start 24L: Lat 61.167881 Long -149.972593

Hdg: 89.880 true (MagVar 25.000), Asphalt, 10871 x 150 ft

Primary ILS ID = IANC

Primary ILS: IANC  111.30 Hdg: 89.9 , Flags: GS BC "CAT III ILS 06R"

*** Runway *** PANC0062 Lat 61.167820 Long -150.034424 Alt 152 Hdg 65 [...]

Now i don't know exactly, if this now means, that "Runway 6R/24L" is the runway heading within FSX?

By the way:

The same goes out to the "parallel RW" - or in other words: The 2nd, parallel RW also reads 24/06, whereas 25/07 is not mentioned anywhere within this specific document i refer here to and which "MakeRwys" has installed into my FSX Root folder.

So whatever it all means ... i will retry again as soon as posible and report back again then!

But for now: Thank You very much Oliver for this latest message from You here!

Really very much appreciated!

Cheers, Christoph

(...) But now i got encoureged by Your latest reply here Oliver and so - here is my question:

Should i leave these files installed into the FSX directory by the MakeRwys tool - or should i delete them. (...)

Just run makerwys again and leave the produced files in your FSX root folder.

RAAS reads these files and uses them as its own database and so may do other addons, as well (RadarContact I know for sure).

Just make sure your PANC addon installation is o.k. before running the makerwys tool. You can do a quick test after that by starting a flight with your RAAS-equipped aircraft on one of these four runways (07L/R, 25L/R) and listen to the (correct) RAAS calls.

Just run makerwys again and leave the produced files in your FSX root folder.

RAAS reads these files and uses them as its own database and so may do other addons, as well (RadarContact I know for sure).

Just make sure your PANC addon installation is o.k. before running the makerwys tool. You can do a quick test after that by starting a flight with your RAAS-equipped aircraft on one of these four runways (07L/R, 25L/R) and listen to the (correct) RAAS calls.

Oliver - again - a big THANK YOU!

Going to check it all out again and surely let the files inside the FSX root folder this time!

I will report back as soon as i have tried it out - might take a few days, but i will write back and let You know if all runs as expected now!

Cheers, Christoph

Just wanted to report back:

Did let "MakeRwys" simply do its job and also fixed some issues in my scenery library regarding PANC and now all is perfect again!

Thank You very much for all Your help and advice!

Cheers, Christoph