Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

I missed those two from Wilcopub...

Yesterday I managed to get back my old installers for two add-ons I really enjoyed back on fs9 / fsx times - The Wilcopub Embraer 145  Legacy and the Airbus Family Series 1.

I am using only P3D now, but I might re-install FSX kust for the sake of running these two again. Unfortunately I no longer have my 737 Pro CD.... The LevelD 767 would also be a great reason to re-install FSX....

As a very satisfied user of the Aerosoft AXE, I can't nonetheless forget how more detailed the systems simulation, engine management, etc, can be in the old Wilcopub Airbus Series 1. A very easy way to compare (and I actually participated on that "tweak") is the chance to taxi at idle thrust ( aprox. 18% N1 ) at a wide range of GWs, just like in RL :-)

Also looking fwd for the FSLabs Airbus, of course ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

It took the Wilco/Feelthere busses an evolution upgrade to get there where they are now (and the evolution upgrade turned them into merely Wilco-supported products) - combined prices from initial release add up to some 70 Euros (incl. VAT), IIRC. (Call! checklists not yet included - another 15 Euros.)

Just guessing that the Aerosoft AAX feature list would be even more impressive if the AAX price went up 50% or more (checklists and even RAAS included at 40 Euros).

The PSS busses (FS2002/FS2004) even feature manual engine starts - modelled neither in the W/FTh nor in the Aerosoft busses. We haven't reached that level of system depth again, not yet, anyway (FSL can change that).

Hmmm , since the Phoenix did that, can I ask if their new BlackBox products do it as well?

If you had to rate the existing options:

- Wilco Airbus Evolution
- BlackBox Simulations Airbus Prologue Extreme
- Aerosoft AXE

how would you do it? I guess there are a bunch of lines written on this here at the AVSIM forums, but I just seek some fair opinions :-)

BTW: And, I should say that the Aerosoft AXE is one of the add-ons I use the most. I never had any products for cockpit enhancement, so, "sharing" it with a virtual 1st officer and having those checklists available for free, plus the smoothness of the model and the excellent graphics, make me really like it, although I see there are some annoying bugs / limitations... but also the team continue to work on it...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I thought you hated FSX and only used X-Plane and DCS... but I'm probably getting you mixed up with someone else. :wink:

The BBS is ok, and evertually it will have a wider systems provision that the current AXE spec... but at present, my view of it is that it is a little too rough around the edges, and don't expect any of the immersive extras that you get with the AXE. Things like the sounds of cockpit and overhead switches is very cheap and lo-fi sounding (especially compared to the AXE, which is so strong in this area).

I too used to fly the feelThere Airbus Series a LOT, but looking at it these days, it just screams "2006/2007 addon"........ it's nowhere near the visual quality of the BBS or the AXE; although in some areas (mainly ECAM) it does go further than the AXE in systems modelling. Too much of a comprimise for me though!

I would rate them;-

1). AXE
15). BBS A320
38). FT Airbus

PS........ As an aside, I am increasingly enjoying the BBS A330. In my view it's better than their A320, and although I don't fly the A320, because the AXE is so much better to me, I do fly the A330 because it's the best we have at the moment.

Hmmm , since the Phoenix did that, can I ask if their new BlackBox products do it as well?

I have no idea: After PSS, W/FTh and AS I don't want to buy another Airbus to find out.

- Wilco Airbus Evolution

- Aerosoft AXE

Without being able to comment on the BBS I rate the AS over the W/FTh - because of addiction, immersion and pricing (value for money).

(The BBS still looks a bit like PSS, judging from the flightdeck pics.)

how would you do it? I guess there are a bunch of lines written on this here at the AVSIM forums, but I just seek some fair opinions :-)

BTW: And, I should say that the Aerosoft AXE is one of the add-ons I use the most solely. I never had any products for cockpit enhancement, so, "sharing" it with a virtual 1st officer and having those checklists available for free, plus the smoothness of the model and the excellent graphics, make me really like it, although I see there are some annoying bugs / limitations (+1) ... but also the team continue to work on it...

I even use the Feelthere Call! products, the FS Captain flightdeck/cabin crew features, Flight Deck Companion - the maximum flightdeck immersion for me is still with the Aerosoft AAX.

Q400_Flyer, on 26 Jun 2013 - 12:09 PM, said:

I thought you hated FSX and only used X-Plane and DCS... but I'm probably getting you mixed up with someone else.

You certainly are :-) I do not hate FSX... even less P3D... Got X-PX twice, because I god mad at it the 1st time, and am back on P3D now that I got a bigger disk to share it with XP-X and DCS :-)

I participated in the initial version of the Feelthere buses by providing alternative jet engine parameters in the airfile in order to allow for proper idle thrust taxiing ( around 18% under ISA in RL) and most GWs ... ;-)

PS........ As an aside, I am increasingly enjoying the BBS A330. In my view it's better than their A320, and although I don't fly the A320, because the AXE is so much better to me, I do fly the A330 because it's the best we have at the moment.

Ah! That's good to know... I am looking a lot at it too lately.... ;-)

Q400 and Olli, thx a lot for your feedback :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

(...) I participated in the initial version of the Feelthere buses by providing alternative jet engine parameters in the airfile in order to allow for proper idle thrust taxiing ( around 18% under ISA in RL) and most GWs ... ;-)

As a 'near-Feelthere' simmer: Any comments on the Evolution upgrade (soley) developed by Wilco?   cool.png

You certainly are :-) I do not hate FSX... even less P3D... Got X-PX twice, because I god mad at it the 1st time, and am back on P3D now that I got a bigger disk to share it with XP-X and DCS :-)

Ah! That's good to know... I am looking a lot at it too lately.... ;-)

Q400 and Olli, thx a lot for your feedback :-)

Apologies then... I must have genuinely gotten you mixed up with somone else. :smile:

Yes, the BBS A330 is the one to get, if you are considering the two BBS airbuses;  because it offers something that other vendors aren't offering yet.  (ie... an A330!).

Personally, I was disappointed with Wilco's Airbus series.  I bought the initial set with the idea of having some really great heavies, but later found them to be rather buggy.  When the Evo series came around, I got sucked in again, mainly because I was looking for redemption over the price paid vs. performance.  Needless to say, they dressed up the Airbus series with additional components and features that made it more real...in theory.  I still had issues with bugs, not to mention FSX crashing after a flight.  My frustrations took me to Posky and ever since then, I have been rather pleased with Posky models based on accuracy, stability and overall satisfaction with using community created content.  I still have my Wilco installs, hoping to find some service packs or updates that perhaps clear up the issues I had before.  I don't have the greatest gaming rig, but one that can handle it's own in FSX.  I can run PMDG products pretty decently as well as others like Aerosoft, Justflight, and Qualitywings.  Wilco left a bad taste in my mouth, which is disconcerting because they obviously have a good plan to roll out many aircraft, and perhaps it is that which prevents them from selling good quality products (quantity vs. quality).  Just my two cents.

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

- Wilco Airbus Evolution
- Aerosoft AXE

Not being able to comment on the BBS Airbus, I second the others and I'd say the AXE/AAX is way better than the Wilco/FeelThere, although it atill has a few bugs, and it probably doesn't simulate things the FT Airbus does (not so sure about that, though). It's just that the Aerosoft is a really beautiful bird, as opposed to the FT one, and as far as I can judge it  Aerosoft did get the FBW right -  it's simply a joy to hand-fly it. I hardly ever let the AP take over before 10000ft.

This does not mean that I consider the FT Airbus a bad addon, I liked it quite a lot a few years back, but when I discovered what else is possible (especially when it comes to visual models) I felt like needing a replacement, and that's actually the only reason why I did not install it anymore after upgrading my computer last year.

As a 'near-Feelthere' simmer: Any comments on the Evolution upgrade (soley) developed by Wilco?  

I can't say, never got into the Evolution series :-(

Main Simulation Rig:

Will the 145 not work in p3d?

Will the 145 not work in p3d?

Yes and No...

I manage to load it, and made a short test flight, but when I switched to the HUD I got a CTD. Also when leaving P3D the application terminates abnormally...

I didn't try to use the FMC though....

Main Simulation Rig:

I'd be inclined to think its not p3d, did you install the latest updates?

Just thinking out-loud

I'd be inclined to think its not p3d, did you install the latest updates?

Well, I just installed the "Legacy_X_2.exe" file I got from my account. Maybe there's an update - I'll check!

Thx for the hint LeeL!

Main Simulation Rig: