Sign in to follow this  
The master 777 pilot

How do I save a panel state with the battery turned off?

Press and hold the MENU button on the FMC.  It will power the FMC so that you can save the state.

Kyle Rodgers

They are all in <...>\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState

For the panel states created by PMDG you'll find two files per panel state: NGX*.fmc and NGX*.sav. If you delete them, they shouldn't show up in the FMC any longer. Your custom states might include a third file *.rte.

Stefan Keller
ngxu_banner.png                 

ugcx_banner.png

They are all in <...>\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\PMDG\PMDG 737 NGX\PanelState

For the panel states created by PMDG you'll find two files per panel state: NGX*.fmc and NGX*.sav. If you delete them, they shouldn't show up in the FMC any longer. Your custom states might include a third file *.rte.

Thank you!!!

Hi, thank you so much for this tip! I was figuring out how to save my cold and dark panel state with the battery off. Anyway, now when I reload the 737 with my configured cold and dark state as the startup state, the FMC is still on. Is there any way to turn it back off?

Thanks

Krys

Is there any way to turn it back off?

Press and hold the MENU button.

That was mentioned in post number 2 as the way to turn it on - would it not make sense that it's the way to turn it off, as well?

Kyle Rodgers

I have another solution.

Open the panel state file (.sav) with a text editor and change the value  battery from "0" to "1", just behind is the battery switch cap, set from "1" to "0".

Press and hold the MENU button.

That was mentioned in post number 2 as the way to turn it on - would it not make sense that it's the way to turn it off, as well?

For some reason that has never worked for me. Turns it on, but it can't be turned off. 

Steve Caffey

For some reason that has never worked for me. Turns it on, but it can't be turned off.

Same here...

Ivan Lewis

PMDG B737NGX, B777 and B747v3 QOTS II

In order to turn off the CDU you need to go into the Panel save file(.sav) that you made. Find [CDU.0] and go to MenuVirtualPower. If you turned on the CDU by holding the Menu button the current value should be 1. You need to change this to 0. Hope this helps.

Turning the CDU off via the "Menu" button has never worked for me either. But the method mentioned in the above post will work to create a state where even the CDU is off when you load the plane.

Dave

Dave Paige