Sign in to follow this  
Guest victorwest

Lime Green Hawaii Textures.

Guest victorwest

If someone has a moment, can they post a screenshot of the mountain textures near Honolulu. The reason I ask is that I see areas of lime green texture (I'm at work so I can't post an example). I can't remember if this is default or not. I'm using MyWorld and FSGenesis landclass but the texture appears even with these turned off. if it isn't default perhaps it comes from the 2004_wood_desert.zip textures by Marcel Aerni??If it is new textures, is there a simple way to revert this particular one back to default? I'm very happy with the others.I'll try to get a screenshot here this evening if that helps.Victor

It looks like my textures aren't the default. Is there an easy way of finding out which ones are the "offenders"?

Guest daveg4otu

Mine are default texture with Raimondo Taburets mesh. Have you added any Hawaiian scenery ?That looks like altered landclass files.Dave

As I said in my original post, I have added 2004_wood_desert.zip textues but I'm not sure if the textures I'm seeing are in that file or not.

Guest daveg4otu

Did you back up the original FS9/texture folder as suggested in the readme? If so just try changing back to that. If not, then you could extract the original textures from the CDs.Dave

>Did you back up the original FS9/texture folder as suggested>in the readme? If so just try changing back to that. If not,>then you could extract the original textures from the CDs.>>>Dave>I did but they are currently living on one of 20 FS9 back up CD's (I have FSGenesis mesh)! :) The thing is, I don't want to replace all the new textures. The rest are excellent. I only want to replace those in the screenshot.

Guest daveg4otu

If you still have the .zip file - why not open it to a "new folder" and view the textures with a suitable viewer( maybe dxtBmp would do ) and see if you can find whichever one is being used (In your screenshot it looks a bit like the original marsh.bmp to me) then just try swapping that one for the original.Going to be time consuming but I guess if you want to change things there is no other way ( apart from changing back to the original fs9/texture folder complete)Dave

I looked at at the FSG hi landclass at the position in your screenshot using LWMViewer, and the following landclass is being used:22 cool conifer forest - has pine tree autogen vegitation128 grass - has few deciduous tree autogenI like to use PolyB Landclass Viewer to get a good look at the actual textures used.scott s..

Guest victorwest

I finally found out the problem. My installation of FSGenesis Hawaii scenery was wrong (my fault!). it's all ok now.Victor