Sign in to follow this  
steve310002

American Approaching Las Vegas (warning: large images)

I'm partial to the first one. Nice!!

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Those really are great shots.  I would love to see some improvements on metallic reflections for aircraft.  For some reason, American appears to be the only airline who loves to have bare aluminum aircraft, and while it looks cool in real life, FSX and other sims can't seem to get it right.  Maybe it's just me, but for what I have seen, the accuracy of the reflections still look like they need improvement.

I am really loving the ground textures though.  Are those stock textures from X-Plane?

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

I am really loving the ground textures though. Are those stock textures from X-Plane?

I wish!! :lol: They are, however, from an excellent freeware resource website called Simheaven which as hundreds (if not thousands) of GB's worth of photoscenery downloads. This one is the Las Vegas Airport and Surroundings scenery.

However, X-plane's default textures are not bad at all and constantly improving in diversity with each update.

Awesome shots.  I only use FSX, but back in 2007 I was exclusively using X-Plane.   I am totally out of the X-plane loop, so I was quite surprised to find out these shots were from X-plane, I could have sworn it was the PMDG NGX!   I'm mighty impressed with the progress Benedikt has made on his 737.   I remember enjoying his 737 back with X-plane 8, it's nice to see him continue with this project.

I like #3 the most, the lighting on the fuselage is very beautiful, even if not realistic!

Wow!! These are great adverts for X-Plane! 2 and 4 are my favourites, and even those clouds are looking great!!

Danny Hicks

Those really are great shots.  I would love to see some improvements on metallic reflections for aircraft.  For some reason, American appears to be the only airline who loves to have bare aluminum aircraft, and while it looks cool in real life, FSX and other sims can't seem to get it right.  Maybe it's just me, but for what I have seen, the accuracy of the reflections still look like they need improvement.

I am really loving the ground textures though.  Are those stock textures from X-Plane?

To be fair, American's new livery is no longer bare metal, but a silver mica flaked paint. This change was made mainly to accommodate the 787's composite fuselage and surfaces. Not sure how a/c painters will be able to pull off a silver glittery opaque paint in the sim, but who knows? Lots of great painting talent out there across all sims.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.