Sign in to follow this  
shermank

Attn: Simmers in Paris, France

I will be in Paris, France next week and may have time to get together with simmers on Saturday night, October 30th. This is tentative at the moment because of my schedule, but if I can get together with sim enthusiasts in Paris that evening, would anyone be interested in doing so?

Are you nuts or sumpin'? You are going to Paris and want to meet with flight simmers on a Saturday night? Paris is the City of Lights, The City of Love, the City of French Onion Soup. And remember, as Rick said to Ilsa, "We'll always have Paris...".oolala!!! sacre' bleu! alors!Does your wife know of this?With all that said, have a great time...wish I could be in Paris...ShermHey, Tom....you're not going to delete this are ya?...:-)

Sherm, I would never delete your posts... :)I will have been in Paris for a week by the time the 30th comes around and every night during the week will be "out on the town". So, come Saturday, I will be ready for a calm, relaxed evening with fellow flight sim enthusiasts, if I can schedule it. Besides, I have been to Paris some 12 or 13 times in my career, so the novelty has worn off. My wife does know, and won't go with me until it is not work related. Anyway, I leave for Paris tomorrow and am looking forward to next weekend when/if some simmers and I can get together. Although, after some 125 plus reads of this message and no responses, I am beginning to think I might have a communicable disease or something. :)

We are not going to Paris this time, but my wife and I will be in London the week of 11-13 to the 20th...if anyone is interested in making contact, you can email me...shermank@comcast.netShermbon voyage, Tom...

Guest Toni Rauch

<....Although, after some 125 plus reads of this message and no responses, I am beginning to think I might have a communicable disease or something.>Hey TomMaybe it's a 'language thing' - try asking in French!(160 and counting......)Toni.

Guest danowat

Tom,If you were coming to London, I would sure meet up, but Paris is a little far "down the road".Next time your in the "smoke", let us know ;)Dan.

Guest Rockcliffe

>HI Tom,>>Buy me a ticket and I'll meet you in Paris.>>:-)>------- You stole my line.

Guest JeanLuc_

haha! cette traduction est desopilante! Merci pour les lecteurs francais pour cet essai cependant!Bon voyage Tom!

Tom,And Brussels ?If you or anybody else is passing through Brussels I will be happy to meet you.Roger

Roger

See my specs in my profile

Guest Mikerookie

Hi Tom,It is just a shame that you got no response from Paris. So much for french welcoming !!! :( If you ever happen to drop by in Lyon (2nd city in France), I will be happy to meet with you and have a nice chat and why not a good dinner in the best Lyon's fashion ! Do you like Burgundy wines ? Hope you get more response from Paris by then...Mike out :-beerchug

This is a shame I just went over to Simflight.com to the French website just to get a feel in the forums of the many French simmers out there. There should be someone able to meet Tom in Paris seeing we have so many French sim enthusiast out there (heck, they have their own dedicated French website). Are things so bad in France that unless you speak French and hang out in the French forums you won't get heard (that's of course unless your selling a good product). No one over there is posting in English so I couldn't tell what was being discussed. I always thought everyone came to Avsim.com no matter what corner of the world your from. I had no idea we had simmers that just stuck in the forums biased to their own culture and language. Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the US the only country where most of the children can only speak one language??? That's a sad fact but I know French children can speak at least two languages, English being one of them... I always heard the French resisted speaking other languages and preferred others to communicate with them in French or else they don't bother. I guess this situation proves that to some extent...I'm sorry but I just really find this surprising to say the least concerning Paris flight simmers....Maybe one of you guys that can speak French wouldn't mind going over to the Simflight.com French forum and let them know Tom will be in Paris. Ask them to respond here... I guess very few from France visit English speaking sites... That's really a shame....:-hmmm

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

I hate to have to point out the obvious, but if someone does not speak or read English, why would he or she frequent an english language site? besides, we all know the French hate the Americans and GWB...:-)Sherm