Sign in to follow this  
shermank

Attn: Simmers in Paris, France

Guest Melvin

Hi DillonYou are right, flightsim enthusiasts profiles aren't limited to teenagers ones. Flightsim community gathers folks coming from different horizons and this makes its wealth. I've turned thirty, so I know what I'm talking about.By mentioning that school time was over last night, I wanted to point out that it is generally the time chosen by parents of these teenagers for having free time with their children and several of them will be on vacation for the next week. GreetingsVincent Mellinger

Hey Tom,Please let me know when you happen to visit Moscow. We have quite an active (but not very well organized) community here, and many of us would like to meet you and host you for a long dinner. And besides but not the least we have great respect for the Americans and certainly your current president Mr.George W.Bush (which is a strong and articulate leader).Dirk98.

I arrived home late last night from Degaulle to KIAD and then on to KCHO. It was a very very long day, as you might expect.Thanks to all who responded. I was originally scheduled to stay at the Intercontinental Paris. When I arrived the first morning, they did not have reservations for me! That's the first time that has happened to me in over 30 years of overseas travel. You can imagine my reaction. Anyway, our group was able to get me a room next door at the Lotti, and everything worked out. Except, I did not have net access in my room and could not seem to get to the "by the hour" kiosk in the hotel lobby until after 4 p.m. on Saturday, the day I had hoped to meet up with simmers. That was when I saw the two or three messages here expressing interest in meeting up. At that point I thought it was too late to setup a get together, and besides, I was exhausted from the prior week. So, I was in bed by 8 p.m. that night, which was probably just as well, as I had to get up early yesterday and meet with some folks then get to the airport. Anyway, my apologies to those that expressed an interest in getting together. Am sorry that I couldn't get back to you earlier. I will be back, I am sure, and next time, my week will be a bit more relaxed than last. Since someone brought the subject up, let me explain these little get togethers...I am in a line of work that takes me around the world. I have met with simmers in the U.K., Japan, Denmark, Norway and I forget the others. Since I travel the world, and have the opportunity, I like to meet my fellow enthusiasts where ever I go. Sometimes I have the time to meet and sometimes I don't; it just depends upon my schedule. More often than not, I do have a free night in my schedule and those nights are when I try to get together with fellow sim enthusiasts.So why? Well, I think the answer is easy. We share a common interest that crosses political, geographic, ethnic, religious and regional boundries. It allows us to share and explore together. In addition to that, it allows me to put faces to names and get a bit closer to our readership. I use the opportunity to solicit ideas and suggestions, and discuss the things AVSIM does, and why we do them. I am a firm believer that once you have met someone face to face, it enhances the dialog that you have over the net. That's been proven countless times with our conferences and the friendships that develop during and after.So, again, my apologies to those that didn't hear from me. You most certainly will the next time I head to Paris (or anywhere else in the world in the coming months).

Guest rugerdog

Well Tom, I personally always stay at the Ritz Calton when in Paris - they never make mistakes.

Tom,I understand those get together. We travelled for 5 years in the USA with a motorhome. We met lot of friends from the RV forum while on the road. It is always great to meet people who share the same hobby. And it is amazing to realize the scope of different people, old and young, male and female, white or other etc... who share the same hobby.Roger, soon in Denver for a short holliday. This will be another topic in this forum.

Roger

See my specs in my profile