Sign in to follow this  
AirborneZed

Question on 777 engines

I've noticed that the T7-200 in production has GE90s. But I was wondering for folks like me who want to fly this beauty in American Airlines paint. But I realized that they use RR engines don't they? Will there be a RR engine variant, or perhaps a PW in the future/ expansion?

David Zambrano, CFII, CPL, IGI

I know there's a lot of money in aviation because I put it there. 

BetaTeamD.png

Not quite the answer you were looking for, but if they do the -200ER, it should have them. Initial release is for the -200LR, which only has a GE90 option.

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/371563-do-you-want-the-777-200er/

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

I believe the -200 variant won't be in the base pack. Only the -200LR and -200F will, and they only use GE90 engines. The first expansion pack will be the -300/-300ER, which use engines from GE, RR and PW, so maybe they will release a second expansion with the -200/-200ER, since it would only be a matter of making the necessary adjustments to adapt the engines to a smaller variant.

Matheus Mafra

The fact that the 777-200LR and 777-200F only use one engine type is, I believe, one of the reasons PMDG are releasing these 2 first as the base pack.

Adding extra engine variants would add extra time to development (implementing different characteristics & ECIAS variants takes more than 0 minutes) and, because PMDG are a proper simulation business and not the kind of company to fake the different engines just by drawing different shapes hanging off the wing but leaving the thrust, systems and ECIAS exactly the same ... they would actually need to take that extra time to make the other engine variants.

So we get a quicker base pack release with the -200LR and -200F (which are almost the same apart from door configurations and such) and then they can spend that extra time they already would have had to spend making the addon -300ER -200ER expansion packs and so on.

Someone will do an American livery for the 200-LR. Not a big deal that they don't fly it in real life, at least not for me.

Someone will do an American livery for the 200-LR. Not a big deal that they don't fly it in real life, at least not for me.

And I hope someone comes out with the polished aluminum vs the new one first. 

And I hope someone comes out with the polished aluminum vs the new one first. 

lol.

So much hate on the new livery.

(that said, I like the polished look better too, not so much because the new livery is bad, but that the old one was so good!)

I believe the -200 variant won't be in the base pack. Only the -200LR and -200F will, and they only use GE90 engines. The first expansion pack will be the -300/-300ER, which use engines from GE, RR and PW, so maybe they will release a second expansion with the -200/-200ER, since it would only be a matter of making the necessary adjustments to adapt the engines to a smaller variant.

We're not doing the -300, we're doing the -300ER, which is GE90s only. The -300ER is about to eclipse the -200ER as the most popular model in use worldwide too. (already has way more total orders)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

lol.

So much hate on the new livery.

(that said, I like the polished look better too, not so much because the new livery is bad, but that the old one was so good!)

This is the first AA logo that won't have the Eagle/AA combo in American's entire history and now its been replaced with a paper strip that is bent backwards (I know its supposed to look like an eagle's beak but c'mon they couldn't have been more creative than that?) Also its supposed to be metallic silver paint but you can't tell unless your face is almost touching the fuselage, it looks like a flat grey and the tail looks oddly like Cubana's look which gives it low points on originality. The cabin interior could use a face lift no doubt (and the 767 cabins are in desperate need of an overhaul) but the new cabins that are currently on the 773ER's don't look bad and the A321's that will fly transcon routes look good as well. 

Its understandable that they cannot keep up with the polished look on carbon fiber planes but if they had a proper tone of grey then they can really pull off the pinstripe or they could even follow Eagle's lead and paint their planes white with the pinstripe. 

*EDIT*---- The new American livery is still far better than the new United abomination.

we're doing the -300ER, which is GE90s only. 

Any more updates on the taxi camera for the 77W? 

*EDIT*---- The new American livery is still far better than the new United abomination.

So so true. What were they thinking? "I know, lets go for white... and light beige!" So boring.

We're not doing the -300, we're doing the -300ER, which is GE90s only. The -300ER is about to eclipse the -200ER as the most popular model in use worldwide too. (already has way more total orders)

Any decision on making a -200 and/or -200ER then as well?

Hopefully, making the -600 in the NGX expansion shows that real world "popularity" isn't necessarily the only factor in model selection for the 777. Though I suppose I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the previously mentioned -900ER and P-8 model expansions, so maybe I just like the lesser-used planes.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

I can't wait for a video so I can ACTUALLY HEAR these bad boys in action!!!!  Something tells me I'm going to be very impressed.

Chris Sunseri

I can't wait for a video so I can ACTUALLY HEAR these bad boys in action!!!! Something tells me I'm going to be very impressed.

Welcome back, 'bad boy'! (Life AVSIM was so boring without you.)

And since a certain developer has just released their v1.2 update:

Just take your time, PMDG, no worries, no hurry: Your 'margin of development' is more than ... comfortable.

Hehehehehe :lol:  It was nice though to get a taste of the real thing in a 777-300 heading downrange and a 777-200 coming back up.  I had nice wingflex views both ways!

Chris Sunseri