Sign in to follow this  
ant_1984

27" 1080P Monitor worth moving from 24" 1080P?

So just a quick simple one.

You think it's worth moving up to a 1080P 27" from a 24" both at 60Hz?

I have someone that wants to buy my monitor and I'm just wondering if it's worth it. Not considering the move up to a 1440P at this point.

So just a quick simple one.

You think it's worth moving up to a 1080P 27" from a 24" both at 60Hz?

I have someone that wants to buy my monitor and I'm just wondering if it's worth it. Not considering the move up to a 1440P at this point.

I just moved from a 23" to a 27" and its awsome and was well worth the money. It totally adds immersion

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Thanks!

Are you noticing any addirional blurriness at all?

Just found I can also get one of the Yamakasi Catleaps at 1440p for about $50 more than the 1080p im looking at. Has to be shipped from Korea though :S

Thanks!

Just found I can also get one of the Yamakasi Catleaps at 1440p for about $50 more than the 1080p im looking at. Has to be shipped from Korea though :S

Nope it was well worth the upgrade I got my 27"  1080p Samsung off ebay for $220 if your interested the model of moniter works great but sells cheap

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Sure what's the model and I'll take a look. I'm in Australia so availabilty could be different but ill check ot out.

Just need to make a decision now whether to stick with1080p and buy locally or take the risk and order the 1440p from Korea.

1440p is too expensive for me to buy locally right now.

Sure what's the model and I'll take a look. I'm in Australia so availabilty could be different but ill check ot out.

Just need to make a decision now whether to stick with1080p and buy locally or take the risk and order the 1440p from Korea.

1440p is too expensive for me to buy locally right now.

Get on ebay and type Samsung 27" monitor it should come up

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Thanks!

I have an Asus VS278Q-P. I upgraded to it from a 22 inch monitor. Big misconception about full HD 27" monitors is that they look blurred. Not true at all. Despite the bigger pixel size, I still find everything to look just as crisp as on my older monitor using the same resolution. The colors of this thing are a bit basic and the viewing angle is not great. This is especially noticeable during night time flying; when you move your head up and down you can see color depth changing a bit. But overall, the colors certainly aren't bad. 

You could of course go for a 1440p monitor. You'll have a crispier image, but you'll also pay double the price and lose 20% of your performance, even with a high-end videocard. Only if you have a Titan you should see a decrease...

However, I recommend going for an Asus MX278H. It's basically the same but it's got an IPS panel. Response time is not bad as well (5 ms). Please beware, it's got no VESA mounting holes.

But, Asus just announced an even newer model: the VX278H. It's not in the stores yet though.

I'd wait and see. All in all it will be worth the upgrade for sure.

As long as you turn down the brightness a bit on the Samsung, you'll get stunning colors..

Best way: change Gamma to 0.8 in the nvidia control panel.

Bert

Arjen Vandervelde, on 28 Jun 2013 - 02:14 AM, said:

Big misconception about full HD 27" monitors is that they look blurred.

Thanks Arjen, that's the type of information I've been looking for. I've actually been looking at the Asus monitors as that's what my current 24" is and I've been really happy with it. Just want something bigger.

The monitor will be driven by a GTX 780 so I would have enough power to drive a 1440P monitor, I just have to weigh up if the better image quality is worth the drop in performance. Also if I were to buy a 1440P monitor it would be one of these panels from Korea like the Yamakasi Catleap or similar so I'll have to wegh up the risk of potentially getting dead pixels. Price works out very similar to buying 1080P here.

Is the general consensus in terms image quality of the different panel types that from best to worst it is TN->VA->IPS?

Ok, so I'm about 80% sure I'll be going with a 27" 1080p IPS panel monitor and I rhink ive narrowed it down to 3.

1. Asus MX279H (not too keen on the silver though)

2. LG 27EA63V-P or EB22PY-B

3. Samsung S27C570H

If I did go with the 1440p it would be one of the Yamakasi or similar monitors from Korea which are sold on ebay by users "green-sum" or "bigclothcraft". The only factor steerinf me away from this is lack of warranty support and the reduced performance as far as fps goes.

Either way the monitor will be driven by a system running a 4770k, gtx 780, and 2400mhz or 2600mhz ram.

It will be used both for fsx as well as your battlefield 3, far cry, crysis etc type games.

So what do you guys think?

My 'other' PC has a Hanns-G 27" 1920x1200 monitor attached to it.

I have to say its great, especially with the 16:10 format. For the $279 I paid for it, Im very impressed!

I really like the extra vertical real estate on the 16:10 format.

Just bought a 27" Acer HN274H B3D off ebay refurbished for $138 shipped (new price is over $500). It still had the factory plastic on most of it. Looks new.

1080P, 60hz, HDMI input. It has 3D but I don't use it.

This is my 2nd refurbished monitor. My first one was a 22" ViewSonic that has been going strong for 6 years and counting. Never had an issue. I'd highly recommend saving money and buying refurbished/used off ebay.

If you search "27 monitor" and narrow it to used results you'll see tons of people who do nothing but sell used monitors (sort by price). I saw moutains of Samsung 27" monitors going for around $175 shipped. I got lucky with this Acer because the guy didn't include pictures and that usually scares people off, otherwise it probably goes higher. He had good feedback though so I took the plunge.

IMO, as long as it's 1080p and 60hz you'll be fine. Just look for the best deal.

Thanks. I haven't been able to find any refurbished monitors available here in Australa unfortunately.

I did come across a Dell U2713HM on sale for AUD $549 but came back 10 minutes later and the deal had ended and was back at $799. Doh!

I'm really going back and forth between 1080p or 1440p. A lot have people have said that the imqge quality difference going up to 1440p was jaw droppingly good.

Thanks. I haven't been able to find any refurbished monitors available here in Australa unfortunately.

I did come across a Dell U2713HM on sale for AUD $549 but came back 10 minutes later and the deal had ended and was back at $799. Doh!

I'm really going back and forth between 1080p or 1440p. A lot have people have said that the imqge quality difference going up to 1440p was jaw droppingly good.

Maybe think about buying in the US and paying the extra shipping if the seller allows.