Sign in to follow this  
ant_1984

27" 1080P Monitor worth moving from 24" 1080P?

Thanks. I haven't been able to find any refurbished monitors available here in Australa unfortunately.

I did come across a Dell U2713HM on sale for AUD $549 but came back 10 minutes later and the deal had ended and was back at $799. Doh!

I'm really going back and forth between 1080p or 1440p. A lot have people have said that the imqge quality difference going up to 1440p was jaw droppingly good.

I upgraded from an Asus 24" to a QNiX 2710 27" monitor from Green-Sum.

Delivery was 3 business days to my door, all the way from Korea. I bought one as the guys in my office have been buying them like hot cakes and feedback has been rather impressive.

My pc specs are nothing special, I don't overclock and performance is very good indeed.

If you do go for one, make sure you get one with "pixel perfect" or "pixel guarantee".

They are all Samsung 2013 IPS panels with the Samsung kits taken out. Very happy with it.

I upgraded from an Asus 24" to a QNiX 2710 27" monitor from Green-Sum.

What can you tell me about the screen? How are finding the monitor overall as far as any dead pixels, the build quality and the stand etc? How about color calibration?

I also found this store selling them: http://www.ipsledmonitors.com

I'd take some comfort in buying from a store so I sent a message asking a few questions.

Being from Australia you would have heard of the brand Kogan? They also have a 1440p monitor at $439 but they quote the response time as being 12ms which is higher than all the others. It does have a 1 year warranty though.

What can you tell me about the screen? How are finding the monitor overall as far as any dead pixels, the build quality and the stand etc? How about color calibration?

I also found this store selling them: http://www.ipsledmonitors.com

I'd take some comfort in buying from a store so I sent a message asking a few questions.

Being from Australia you would have heard of the brand Kogan? They also have a 1440p monitor at $439 but they quote the response time as being 12ms which is higher than all the others. It does have a 1 year warranty though.

The QNiX and CatLeap monitors also have a one year warranty, but you have to ship it back (costs $50) and they replace the unit for you. One of the guys from work got a few dead pixels (less than 5) on his "pixel perfect) unit so he sent it back and was replaced.

Mine is a pixel perfect and it has zero dead pixels.

It has the usual light bleed from the IPS panels (you only see it at the bottom corner if the panel is fully black, like when windows is loading), other than that, nothing wrong with it.

The stand is truly basic, it is just a fixed base with no bells and whistles. Colour calibration was just a review, I didn't need to do anything. Had a few FSX mad friends come over and they fell in love with it, another friend who just plays crisis and bf3 bought one 2 weeks ago and is also very pleased.

I had heard of Kogan but don't know much about them.

Thanks. Can you run it at 1080p without any input lag as well?

Just wondering if I can do this if I weren't happy with performance at 1440p in a particular game then I could drop the res to 1080p.

Your actual screen is secured properly in the bezel etc? Ive seen some horror stories with some peoples being loose.

Thanks. Can you run it at 1080p without any input lag as well?

Just wondering if I can do this if I weren't happy with performance at 1440p in a particular game then I could drop the res to 1080p.

Your actual screen is secured properly in the bezel etc? Ive seen some horror stories with some peoples being loose.

I found stacks of free software to overclock and down lock the monitor. I have it running at 80hz and it is fantastic.

It is safely secured to the bezel but there is a website dedicated (unofficial) to these monitors with lots of very helpful people offering modding and other suggestions.

To be honest I haven't needed to do anything. I took a few shots of the monitor running the Q400 with my iPhone for a friend, he claims he had never seen the instruments so big an degradable since he got new glasses fitted. Lol

I guess once you go to a bigger monitor you just can't go back!

Your question has tons of other outlying questions that need to be answered...

for example...

1. What are the specifications of your current monitor?

2. What are the specifications of you considered upgrade?

3. What are you attempting to achieve with said upgrade?

4. By selling your current monitor at price "X" what would be the sum of your funds that you would be willing to use in purchasing your new monitor "Y"?

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

Ok well my old monitor is already gone and I am without pc at the moment until I order my components. Previous monitor was Asus VE248H.

My basic upgrade requirements were to move up to a 27" screen without degrading image quality and increasing immersion both in fsx and other games.

The 1080p monitors im looking at are all around $379 AUD, roughly equal to what I would spend buying from Korea. I missed on the Dell U2713HM at $549 by about 5 minutes but can buy locally a Kogan 1440p for $439 with 1 year warranty. The kogan actually gets really great reviews on these 2 sites:

http://games.on.net/2013/04/massive-monitor-roundup-which-monitor-gives-you-the-best-gaming-experience/comment-page-2/

http://forums.overclockers.com.au/showthread.php?p=15435202&posted=1#post15435202

I'd rather buy locally so this may be a good option.

My only other concern was loss of performance. Ill be running Gtx 780 so I should be ok. Bur would be nice to know if I can run the monitor at 1080p as well without input lag if I want to boost my fps in a particular game.

My pc specs are nothing special, I don't overclock and performance is very good indeed.

What sort of performance are you getting at 1440p and what are your settings like. Do you run any AI traffic at all?

What sort of performance are you getting at 1440p and what are your settings like. Do you run any AI traffic at all?

I dont run AI traffic, I do my flying on Vatsim. I had to play around with my settings a bit and lower a fair bit of resolution (with no loss of quality whatsoever) but now have a stable rig.

I run at a solid 30fps in heavy scenery (like ORBX YBBN and YMML), I am still tweaking the LOD settings, as in the bigger monitor, your card has to create far more pixels at a given setting that you had in a 24 inch monitor.

I run at a solid 30fps in heavy scenery (like ORBX YBBN and YMML)

30 FPS at YBBN? Then how come I'm barely getting 25. You must be running fairly low settings. I do have AI disabled and I am running BP=0. I have years of experience with FSX and I believe I've got it as far optimized at possible...

30 FPS at YBBN? Then how come I'm barely getting 25. You must be running fairly low settings. I do have AI disabled and I am running BP=0. I have years of experience with FSX and I believe I've got it as far optimized at possible...

I wasnt refering to FSX  :Big Grin:

Ok well I took the plunge and ordered one of the Korean 1440p monitors. Fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

GTX 780 arrived today, now just need to get the rest of my components happening.

Ok well I took the plunge and ordered one of the Korean 1440p monitors. Fingers crossed all goes smoothly.

GTX 780 arrived today, now just need to get the rest of my components happening.

Make sure you check the DVI cable, mine shipped with a single channel DVI and I was tearing my hair out thinking the monitor was faulty as all I got was a mess of colours, until I changed the cable for a dual DVI I had and bingo!