Sign in to follow this  
jetsflier

Eaglesoft Citation X 2.0 Throttle/FADEC Question

I hear that you must have registered FSUIPC to be able to use the FADEC on the Citation 2.0. 

But, I've seen many people say that they have been able to not use FSUIPC and still manage to get the FADEC to work.

I use the Saitek Pro-Flight Throttle Quadrant, has anyone had any luck getting this to work w/out FSUIPC?

-I am asking here because I'm not able to be in the Eaglesoft forums yet.

I would like to add one more question, what is the performance like, in comparison to Airbus X Extended and/or PMDG's 737 NGX?

Free copy of FSUIPC will work fine.

As for performance, she is great. No hit at all on my system. Best biz jet around.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Free copy of FSUIPC will work fine.

As for performance, she is great. No hit at all on my system. Best biz jet around.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

So do you solely use the free copy then, with the ProFlight Quadrant? Their website infers you need the registered version, and I'm not sure I need that for anything else, and $30 for an add-on only to be used with one aircraft isn't necessarily what I'm interested in ;)

As for performance, my computer is only half of what your is, so I hope that's alright, I couldn't find ANY! system requirements for the aircraft, thus giving me this question.

Obviously, with 2 different companies creating a  FADEC for their aircraft, my logic may be beyond flawed with what I'm about to say. I can use the FADEC easily with my Airbus X Extended, shouldn't it be the same here? [i would like to say again, 2 different FADECs can easily have different abilities!]

FSUIPC is a lot more value than what you think.

1.  It provides an extremely accurate calibration interface for your controllers... far, far more accurate than the one built into Control Panel.

2.  It provides advanced settings to help deal with a few of flight sim's more annoying weather issues... like abrupt wind changes, for one.

3.  It offers a checkbox to fix another annoying bug in flight sim regarding keyboard acceleration.

I could go on and on... but really... FSUIPC is a lot more valuable than you think it is.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

Okay, I think I understand, but, can you confirm/deny that the registered version of FSUIPC is required - which is not what the firsty reply to this thread said.

It seems like there are select controllers that do not require the FSUIPC.

Do you happen to know anything regarding performance of the aircraft as well?

I created the flight dynamics, systems and avionics in that addon... so, I can tell you I believe it performs quite well. (No, I don't work for Eaglesoft nor do I make any money off the Citation X).

Eaglesoft states, as required by FSUIPC licensing, that a registered version of FSUIPC is required for the FADEC.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

I wanted to add one thing, by performance, what I meant was the frames per second, and stutters, not the overall complexity of the aircraft or systems/flight modelling.

Any more information is very helpful :)

Anyone who happens to know if the saitek pro-flight quadrant is able to bypass the registered FSUIPC requirement should let me know! I think it might be possible because I have heard of two people able to bypass it and they both used a saitek joystick w/ throttle "built in" you could say. There were two different products that did this function.

Also, as I said above, please let me know what the performance is like - in terms of FPS, heaviness on system, because I do run a VERY... low end system. With that, are there any minimum system requirements, because I wasn't able to find any.

Bypass for true FADEC is not possible with CX 2.0. Registered FSUIPC is required for FADEC operation.

That said, the CX 2.0 does fly well and many users either don't know or don't care what they are missing with regards to FADEC.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Looking at your system specs I'm surprised you can even run FSX on it.  However, that said... the Citation X takes advantage of a multi-core system... even hyperthreading if the system has it.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

It's not all that complicated:

1. No FSUIPC at all = no FADEC (uses default FS throttle controls)
  2. Unregistered FSUIPC = no FADEC (uses default FS throttle controls)
  3. Registered FSUIPC = full FADEC (uses custom throttle controls)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

It's not all that complicated:

1. No FSUIPC at all = no FADEC (uses default FS throttle controls)
  2. Unregistered FSUIPC = no FADEC (uses default FS throttle controls)
  3. Registered FSUIPC = full FADEC (uses custom throttle controls)

I just don't understand how many users are able to use unregistered or no FSUIPC and still manage a full FADEC control.

I just don't understand how many users are able to use unregistered or no FSUIPC and still manage a full FADEC control.

They aren't. Full FADEC implementation is only available with registered FSUIPC.

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

They aren't. Full FADEC implementation is only available with registered FSUIPC.

@N400QW

@WarpD

In a video i watched, one person used the unregistered fsuipc, but said the detents, like for t/o, climb, cruise, and descent were all automatic in there. Can this be confirmed? Is there anything else that is part of the fadec ?

Jetsflier, my friend. May I suggest you just purchase the registered version of FSUIPC. You will unlock all its features and be supporting one of the finest FSX utilities, and its developer, ever made.

Hans Soule