Sign in to follow this  
flyingnoob

MD-11/FS2Crew/FSCaptain

Hey folks,

Currently I use fs2crew with this bird and looking into getting FSC,

I am trying the demo, but cannot get the mcdu to display - possibly due to the 49 window thing? - when I install it using the FSC acars installer, the acars gauge goes into "50" FCDU" but it does not display, - is this because I have already reached my "49 windows"

How do others configure this? - I have it installed in the caravan 208 and it seems to work ok.

I will also post this in the fs2crew forum, to try get more hits :)

The automatic FSC installer doesn't work with every aircraft - I had to install FSC manually into another aircraft (see the FSC user guide - directions are pretty close to the end of the document).

With FS2Crew already installed you could actually be close to the window limit - in case you use FS9. (Not sure about the window limit in FSX, I'm afraid.)

So:

- FSC needs one additional window (and one additional gauge in an already existing window).

- How many windows does FS2Crew need (two of them, IIRC)?

3 additional windows for FS2Crew and FSC combined could juuust work for the MD-11. (I have four of them in my MD-11 in FSX.)

Hi Oliver, thanks

Yes fs2crew uses 2 windows,- windows 48/49 - there are so many panels on the md11 I do not use, - can I not use one of them? ie the 2d overhead - I shall never ever use that, so surely it can be configured to "overwrite it? - I have no idea what I'm talking about - just a stab in the dark.

I shall have a look at the docs, but I do not want to mess about with "gauges" tis and that, as I have messed too many installs of everything to have to do it all again :)

Thanks

It's all about the panel.cfg only - that's one file per MD-11 'type' (PAX, freight, engine type) to back up first.

You could use one of the existing windows (rename it in the windows list, and substitute the window definition by the definition from the FSC manual installation guide).

Risk is this particular window is called automatically upon a failure or on manually selecting one of the synoptic displays. No idea what will happen after that when the original window is substituted by a FSC window.

My own preference is to try an additional (FSC) window in one MD-11 type first (after backing up the original panel.cfg ... and don't forget the extra FSC gauge) - disregarding any possible window limits. If you're lucky, that's all it takes.

Seems awfully complicated to me, - I'm not sure I want to keep fiddling about with files etc, - maybe I should just stick with my md11 and fs2crew.

When you said "risk" that done it for me, - I don't like the word risk - and it certainly doesn't like me! :)

Thanks Oliver

Default panel cfg's are intimidating enough, the MD-11's is just way out of my league.<br /><br />I'm not sure pmdg would want me to bugger this up just for to to have to reinstall again(Due to prior issues with licensing).

Maybe one day I will get round to attempting to do it, but for now I don't fancy my chances of getting it right.

I had a look at the editing part of FSC's tutorial, but its still beyond me.

thanks Oliver

Edited by flyingnoob

just make sure you back up your  panel cfg  before  you make  any changes, if  you do than you got  a back up  copy or the original cfg

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks Peter,

If a mod can delete this tread as I now no longer need 2 posts running :)

Hey folks,

Disregard about deleting this thread anyway :)

Right I would like to give this a shot now,

Who wants to win 1st prize of helping me the most? :)

I always use VC and am in widescreen, always in the left seat, so I can pretty much use any panel really.

I use fs2crew so windows 48/49 are out the "window"

Can I use the observers mcdu?

If its any use, I can post my cfg to assist.

I can't even find the pdf that showed me how to edit it again, not that I could get my head around it :)