Sign in to follow this  
flyingnoob

MD-11/FS2Crew/FSCaptain

Hey folks,

Currently I use fs2crew with this bird and looking into getting FSC,

I am trying the demo, but cannot get the mcdu to display - possibly due to the 49 window thing? - when I install it using the FSC acars installer, the acars gauge goes into "50" FCDU" but it does not display, - is this because I have already reached my "49 windows"

How do others configure this? - I have it installed in the caravan 208 and it seems to work ok.

I will also post this in the fs2crew forum, to try get more hits :)

I will have a few other questions, like configuring callouts etc etc, but all in good time :)

Thanks

Hi Bryan,

I posted in the MD-11 forum also, and had some replies, - seems to complicated for me, editing panel.cfg's adding FSC gauges renaming windows etc etc then the word "risk" came up, and from then it was a done deal - where there is risk involved I am sure to find it and get hit by it.

Thanks Bryan

Yup always back up things  before  you  start to edit  things

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hey guys, thanks.

Bryan I have not made a back up yet, as I have not touched anything.

In my panel folder, I have that many "back ups, - I have lost track as to what back up is what.

panel.backupxgaugewizard.cfg

panel cfg (which I guessed is my original)

panel.cfg.fs2crew_backup (the panel that fs2Crew made for me).

panel.cfg_before_fssc.cfg_backup, (backup that FSC made for me for the above panel)

And

panel.XgaugeWizard.cfg

In panel.widescreen I Have :

panel - Copy.cfg

panel.BackupXgaugeWizard.cfg

panel.cfg

panel.cfg.fs2crew_backup

AND

panel.Xgaugewizard.cfg

If I was to make amendment I guessed I would have to make a copy of my (widescreen) "panel.cfg.fs2crew_backup"?

Just make up a back up of  the whole  panel  folder

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Right Bryan/Peter

I feel as if I need to give this a shot.

Where do I start?  I seen a post on fscaptains website tat was from 2011 about the md11 and FSC, but the post had not really been answered.

Widescreen panel folder has been backed up and I have my panel cfg open, - I really only fly in VC and in the left seat, so any of the other panels really could be amended