I've had TrackIR for a number of years now and really couldn't image flying without it - both in GA airplanes as well as in airliners. But on my system TrackIR 5 with TrackClip Pro works much much better in FS9 compared to FSX and I wonder if anyone has any comments.

Specifically my problem relates to when looking on the overhead panel in airliners. In FS9 I have no problem scanning the whole overhead panel in planes like, iFly, PMDG MD11 or 747. But in FSX, when I look at the upper part of the overhead panel, the view goes berserk and showing eg the floor but upside down. I can not eg look at the IRS's in the PMDG737NGX without causing havoc. It works slightly better if I first zoom out a bit but still very far from perfect. In short when I am pitching my head upwards to a certain physical angel, the view is stable but in FSX the same angle (at least it's the same angle to the best of my judgement) makes the view jumping around.

I use the same Trackir profiles - the one by Andy digital and one by "seth" - in both sims and the sims are used under the same condition with regard to seating position and ambient light in the room. I could of course experiment with the profiles but I just can't understand why the same TrackIR 5 profile produces so differing results!

As a quick fix, which trackir setting affects this behaviour?

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

You could try running the sims in windowed mode and also run the TrackIR wireframe at the side (or another monitor) to see where the tipping point is where it goes crazy. Then maybe you can tweak the multiplier graph settings to eliminate it?