Sign in to follow this  
Caphook

How to open doors

Since I failed trying to find the answer myself, I hope someone in the forum can help me.

I open/close the main passenger door with shift-E.

I am unable to open service/cargo doors with shift+E 2 etc.

On my computer this does not work; whatever the combination, it only opens and closes the passenger door.

How/where can I change this? Thanks for your help.

Think by memory you  press shift+e+3  or  4  one of  these will open the  cargo doors

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Opening the doors on the Majestic Q400 is the same as doing it on the default aircraft. As such the secret is all in the timing; you have to press Shift and E simultaneously, release them and then quickly press 2, 3 or 4. If you have conflicting key assignments/mapping you can easily stop these keys from working.

If you're having problems, I'd recommend searching for issues door key assignments and default doors, to see if that brings up any useful advice.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Followed your suggestions. Thanks for those.

Changed key mapping from shift+E to A, to deal with the timing problem, without result. Looking for key assignment issues, I found several threads describing exactly the same problem as I have, but no solutions so far.

Will continue the search.

Sorry if you see my reply twice but I didn't see my first reply being posted. Don't know if I'm doing something wrong not use posting on forum.

AS I said in my first reply I had the same problem with my doors and I found out by trying different ways that when I have the ACOL light in the Red(beacon) position the cargo and service doors don't work only the main door works.

When the ACOL light is OFF or White all the doors works normally. At least that's the way it is for me don't know if this will help you but that's something to try.

Thanks for your reply Ron.

Unfortunately it didn´t work in my case.

when I have the ACOL light in the Red(beacon) position the cargo and service doors don't work only the main door works.When the ACOL light is OFF or White all the doors works normally.

That would make sense as the red beacon is an indication to ground crews that the engines are running, which means all the doors should be closed.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

The doors are definitely something that should be incorporated into the FMC menu. The default keystrokes are a real crapshoot and don't work half the time. For an add-on that is so well thought out the doors seem like an afterthought.

• Upvote 1

It be  handy,  but   the  doors  are working  fine  with the key  strokes  and if  it  were  a major  problem there would be  dozen of  complaints. 

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

The default key assignments set in FSX are:

Doors - select (open/close): Shift + E

Select item 1:  1

Select item 2:  2

Select item 3:  3

Select item 4:  4

I had somehow deleted the last four assignments and could only open door 1 only, but after I put these back it works fine.  Have a try and good luck.

I had deleted all the default num keys for Ezdok which is why I could only ever get the front pax door to open. I've brought them back and they work pretty well, although occasionally I can't get one of them to play ball. This still needs to be incorporated into a pop up panel or the FMC though. 

I delete pretty much all the default keystrokes with an FSX install so I can use them my own way.

The aux engine must be turned on for the doors to work.

Henri Arsenault

Since I failed trying to find the answer myself, I hope someone in the forum can help me.

I open/close the main passenger door with shift-E.

I am unable to open service/cargo doors with shift+E 2 etc.

On my computer this does not work; whatever the combination, it only opens and closes the passenger door.

How/where can I change this? Thanks for your help.

I simply use always key , +1 or 2 or 3 or 4 works every time and better as the shift key ;-)

André

Problem solved!

Although I feel embarrassed, let me share the solution.

I once deleted almost all of the FSX key assignments, including "Select Item". I reassigned them and everything works fine.

Thanks for your replies.!

Don't forget to ensure the beacon is OFF, otherwise you can't open the service doors (Shift+E,4).

Best regards,

Robin.