Sign in to follow this  
mmann

Recent FS9 Freeware Aircraft

After a few years of using only FSX, I have recently put FS9 back on my Flight Sim computer. I know about the freeware aircraft that the payware companies make available, but I don't know about the recent individuals who create great freeware aircraft, I am only familiar with the older ones like Lynn and Bill Lyons, Milton Shupe, Rick Piper, etc.

Which recent FS9 aircraft modelers and/or models are the best for FS9. I am interested in just about all aircraft except modern "tubeliners".

I'd suggest you don't get stuck on 'recent' freeware - FS9 is nearly 10 years old.

I was hoping that not all of the recent aircraft modelers were FSX only.

I was hoping that not all of the recent aircraft modelers were FSX only.

They aren't.  If you check the link I posted you will see that Milton Shupe and his gang, and others, are busy at work in FS2004. .

There is a saying where I come from:  ' the older the fiddle, the sweeter the tune' - don't write off older freeware just because it's old. Check it out first!

• Upvote 1

Supporter.png

John

Check the TinMouse forum and look into the VC thread if you want a 737-200 with VC. Or use the link in my signature.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

To quote from my first post:

I am interested in just about all aircraft except modern "tubeliners".

The Boeing 787 would qualify as this. To my knowledge the Posky B787 by Hiroshi also doesn't have a VC, which would also be a major problem for me.

The only "tubelines" I would be interested in would use props and not have jet engines.

To quote from my first post:

I am interested in just about all aircraft except modern "tubeliners".

Ah didn't catch that detail, apologies.

To my knowledge the Posky B787 by Hiroshi also doesn't have a VC, which would also be a major problem for me.

I think the VC will be released later according the AirDailyX, if I understand correctly.

Section8 - F86 Sabre

Isra - Mirage III (two different versions - Swiss and IDF)

Deane Baunton - Fletcher FU24

Virtavia - B66/EB66 Destroyer (Was payware, now freeware)

Aeronautica - Macchi MC202/205, Fiat CR42 and SM79

Restauravia  - Mystere IV and Nord 3202

David Maltby - Comet IV, Trident, BAC 111 (some might term these "tubeliners" perhaps but they are classic aircraft with lots of eccentricities and "mystique" - definitely not "tubeliners" by my definition)

Tom Gibson - DC6

(Can't remember the author) - Soko Galeb (Yugoslav military trainer)

All of these are payware quality and lots of fun. The F86 and Mirage III are possibly the best FS9 military aircraft available - payware or freeware... You mentioned Rick Piper so perhaps you have his HS748 but if not, you should try it. It may be an older product but is still state of the art in my opinion)

Cheers

Ian

The only "tubelines" I would be interested in would use props and not have jet engines.

Calclassic is still improving on their pistonliners and there's always the various versions of the Connie around. All with VC.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Ian, that is a great list you provided. I already had the Section F8 F-86 Sabre and I agree with you, it's one of the best.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Ian, that is a great list you provided. I already had the Section F8 F-86 Sabre and I agree with you, it's one of the best.

You're welcome. They are all excellent but the Mirage III and the Nord 3202 will really blow your mind.. Enjoy!

Check the TinMouse forum and look into the VC thread if you want a 737-200 with VC. 

I recently discovered Bjoern's "TinFork" Boeing 732 with virtual cockpit.  I don't know how I missed this gem.  I am using it with a few panel tweaks to suit some ISG panel enhancements and I can say it is a fantastic freeware.  Bjoern has done a masterful job of adding a virtual cockpit to the already fantastic TinMouse 732.  I don't understand why the library isn't full of repaints.  Actually, I can't find any. The TinMouse repaints don't work because the model was revised for the fitting of the virtual cockpit but Bjoern has been good enough to include an excellent paint kit.  The model can be had at his website here.  

it is too bad Bjoern didn't do a model for the gravel kit version because it is the most common 732 still flying in my part of the world.  Can't complain at all because Bjoern has given us is the only FS9 732 with a virtual cockpit, as far as I know.  As he said over at FSDeveloper, if someone wants to pay him by the hour he will do the gravel kit model   I'm not sure that is even true because, sadly, the 732 is his only FS9 release. Too bad for us FS9ers. He does great work.  

To show you here is a screen shot of the virtual cockpit, which as I said, was slightly modified with some ISG gauges to suit a Smith's FMC.  It is on a First Air repaint I did for a 732, which was recently retired.

Greg

Tinfork%20732%20virtual%20cockpit.JPG

Tinfork%20732%20First%20Air%20at%20CYQR.

L749 by Manfred Jahn is a very nice and good looking with VC propliner.

A must have..