Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Which Huey?

Aerosoft Huey X or Flysimware Super Huey X ? Or Nemeth / MilViz?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The Flysimware from a visual standpoint is wrong in every way possible. I don't even own it, but seeing the screenshots, it is not right at all. Owning the Flysimware Bell 47, I can imagine the Huey is not very functional/feature rich.

The Aerosoft one seems to be the best. Again, don't own it, but I do believe that the systems are fairly detailed. The handling characteristics are apparently very custom, too. The visual model doesn't seem 100% accurate based on screenshots, but is far better than the Flysimware model.

The Nemeth Huey is probably the most accurate visually, but lacks in systems depth. It has about the same complexity level as the default Bell 206.

Brandon Filer

Thx Hughes!  ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Dodosim's has been in development for YEARS. If it was released, it would be the best of any of them. Sadly, they've said recently that it is unlikely it will be finished at this point, as the model itself is way behind compared to what is considered the standard today.

Brandon Filer

there is only one huey: DCS Huey! DCS is way more realistic especially for rotary aircraft than FSX. And today is the last day you can get it for only 20$ instead of 50... (btw, the flight simulator itself is for free!)

Yes it is (yet) primary a combat simulator, but nobody will stop you from doing for instance a "civil" UN-relief flight from Batumi to Sochi...

Regards,
Chris Volle

i7700k @ 4,7, 32gb ram, Win10, MSI GTX1070.

That is sad news, looking at dodosims page it looks the business as is!!! I have their 206B and absolutly love it.

I for one would be tempted to buy Dodosims version finished or not lol

here is only one huey: DCS Huey!

I know - I have it too :-)

Just mad at him right now because I discovered the turn-coordinator is not giving me correct turn rates... It reads 4' (hence 4' turns when turn rate bars aligned with corresponding left or right marks) but a complete 360º turn will take not more than 1'30''... The gauge is poorly implemented, and I like every detail to be correctly modeled... Of course i LOVE the p51d too, and yes, I only use DCS for civil flying... P3D comes as a complement for flying GA and airliners, as well as everything I can get my hands on from A2A (presently only the p51d Civil and the B377)...

I believe Dododim's development has ceased, or is frozen :-/

I might consider the Bell206 for FSX. I had the fs2004 version and loved it, but since I only use P3D, I wondered if it will install correctly even using the EMT. I've read somewhere that it takes some files from the default Bell206 in FSX, and there is no such model in P3D :-/

Main Simulation Rig:

DCS Huey is the only realistic option to be in a combat environment.

spacer.png

there is only one huey: DCS Huey! DCS is way more realistic especially for rotary aircraft than FSX. And today is the last day you can get it for only 20$ instead of 50... (btw, the flight simulator itself is for free!)

Yes it is (yet) primary a combat simulator, but nobody will stop you from doing for instance a "civil" UN-relief flight from Batumi to Sochi...

This is the way to go for Huey fans, with its working mini guns, rockets etc you can re-create a similar attack scene (not Vietnam) from the movie Apocalypse Now. Excellent detailed model and flies nice. Great Huey sound-pack. Add a bit of "Ride of the Valkyries"  :smile: DCS is free and the aircraft modules are the best you will find.

DCS Huey is the only realistic option to be in a combat environment.

3 year old post to bring back for that comment?

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

3 year old post to bring back for that comment?

In addition now to your inpertinent remark on my comment, sure why not. Lol

spacer.png

It's indeed my preferred sim for rotary wing, although I uninstalled it... because I hate War, in any form, and the platform is actually developed with air war in mind, the features asked for by the users are all war-oriented, and I couldn't care less about such useless - for me - details... 

Would rather have a wider World scenery coverage, proper navaids not restricted to what we have in the Caucasus map and Nevada, and, even better, somo nice civil aircraft, or even military cargo aircraft... 

But as Helo_Head points out, it's indeed the best Huey available for any pc-based sim platform, and the rotary wing flight dynamics in both the Huey and the Mi-8 really very convincing ...

Main Simulation Rig: