Sign in to follow this  
Guest ThrottleUp

--> Is there a Meljet 777 for FS2004? <--

Guest ThrottleUp

Hello everyone :)I just got FS2004 and Im madly excited because I just stumbled across the excellent Meljet Boeing 777.I downloaded all three variants (GE, RR & P&W engined), unzipped them and prepared to install....until I opened a file called "File_Id" in Notepad. It says:"Boeing 777-300 for FS2002 Version 2.0":( :(There isn't an Fs2004 Meljet? I hope there is because it looks brilliant!Please advice!!Thanx :)Meljet 777 download:http://www.meljet.com/flightsim/Boeing777V2/download-773.htmhttp://www.meljet.com/flightsim/Boeing777V...MJ777-C-06S.jpghttp://www.meljet.com/flightsim/Boeing777V...MJ777-A-12S.jpg

Guest Stainless

Hi there :) MelJet's 777 models also work perfectly fine in FS2004. So you will be able to install them as usual without any hassle. I have been using them for a while without any problems at all.I do believe he is working on a newer version, or am I mistaken? :-hmmm

Guest CargoMun

It works just fine in FS2004 no worries there :)Yup, Melvin looks to be very near to completion of the V3 of this great aircraft. According to his website at least the exterior model is done - only the panel (!!!) and cabin left :)

Guest ThrottleUp

Really?! :)Thanx a lot CargoMun & Stainless! :) :)Thats great news :)

Guest nihongo

Call me fussy for saying this but,I love Melvin's 777 to the max except I am cheesed off with the flight dynamics. I want real FD for his aircraft (then it is perfection!) because I know the current FD isn't that realistic (not bad but for me not great).Mel has a fantastic talent and he deserves every award he gets.Don't pick on me-I loooove his aircraft, just I feel cheated when flying-see my other posts.Danielwww.danielmcaloon.tk

Daniel, given that you have raised questions about a number of flight models on this forum... what is your background as a flight model tester / reviewer? Just curious..

Bert

I'm sure this is overly simplistic but if aircraft are created from roughly the same specifications (say two different models of a 777), why can't one just exchange one flight dynamic file with another? A good one with a not so good one?

BertHave you visited Daniel's website? It's very informative

Guest UweR

Ouch, I disagree with so many political statements and opinions on that site, I guess I

The guy's ramblings are not respresentative of normal Australian beliefs. His statements reek of bigotry and appear to be a throwback to bygone days of the 'White Australia' policy. Perth is remote from the rest of Australian civilisation and I suggest with his views he is in the right place.Australia boasts a small (for the landmass) but diverse population that sometimes struggles with integration issues. It's people like him that create divisions amongst this the inhabitants of this great nation.(Soapbox stashed until next time)Andy b

Guest Ken_Salter

Okay guys please keep politics out of these forums. Thank you for your understanding.