Sign in to follow this  
Guest deKoven

a funny thing happened on the way to the internet store

Guest Shane Strong CYHZ

Hiya all this is ment for general discussion last week i put some moeny into my paypal account looking at this beautiful payware plane i wanted so much to have on my system. Finally today i went to buy it i checked out the price 38 dollars wow wonder how they determine the price well i decide i would still by it so away i went to the check out converted to canadain it was 48 dollars hmmm i thought i can by msfs2004 in the local store for around 50 dollars is it worth the price of the whole program that ms designed how much does fs2004 go for in the states. so i decided i would still buy it i put 50 dollars in the account should be ok whats this i find when i clicked on paypal on there site 3.95 charge for maunal processing fee for anyone using paypal from canada thought it worked the same as any electronic account no paper involed i didnt get a processing fee on my last paypal purchase :) so i decided to look at what they charged in the states for the same paypal service 3.00 95 cents less is there some elctronic conversion that cost 95 cents cause when i send the money it goes in us currency so at the end i was so fed up with the whole process i didnt buy the plane maybe next week not sure but what i would like to know is how companys determine there prices what is too much and how much do i need to pay in tranaction fees i run a buisness and none of my banking fees are in the 3 dollar range this is just ment for general discussion no flamming please shane

Guest ssurjap

USD $3.00 sounds about right. When I ordered software from Symantec, they had an option on their screen that said that I can pay by Check or money order (by putting in my banking info) but they would charge a $3.00 processing fee. This fee is used to pay the clearinghouse that processes the check. I ordered by credit card, by the way.PayPal is doing the same thing. They're charging you to process the transaction.

Guest shanwick

ShaneHow about putting some punctuation in your post - you know, things like periods and paragraphs? It may be easy for you to take the lazy way out but it's a pain in the butt for us others to try and read it. Maybe you had something interesting to say but I never got to find out as I stopped reading after the first line.David

Guest Shane Strong CYHZ

thanks david i will :) .anything besides gramer to talk about.

Being from Canada is no excuse for lack of periods and paragraphs. Your post is difficult to read. Being a good pilot includes knowing when to stop a run-on sentence!tongue partially in-cheek,Dave Blevins

System: Asus P8Z68 Deluxe/Gen3 mobo *** i7 2700K @ 5gHz w/ Corsair H80 cooler

NVidia GTX 570 OC *** 8 GB 1600 Corsair Vengeance DRAM *** CoolerMaster HAF X case

System overclocked and tuned for FSX by fs-gs.com

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog stick/throttle & CH Products Pro Pedals

Various GoFlight panels *** PFC avionics stack

Guest oyvindhansen

>thanks david i will :) .>anything besides gramer to talk about.>Yes, how about spelling? :-)-

Guest deKoven

I guess I'm not sure what's really happening here? I don't "put" money in my PayPal account. When I buy something I authorize it and PayPal dips into my bank account for the moola. Period; end of transaction. It tells me right up front what I'm paying out and what for. If you're using PayPal as a "bank" which you deposit into and withdraw from then it isn't any wonder at all that they charged you. At least any bank I ever dealt with charged for transactions running through them. :D