Sign in to follow this  
Guest rogue1

Conflict with FS METEO, FS9 Patch, or something else?

The problem developed as follows:Made a flight from KLWB to KIAD in the Dreamfleet 737-400 with live FSMeteo weather. As I arrived in the DC area and was setting up for my approach, I had a crash to the desktop (immediately, with no warning, error messages or anything else).I then tried to set up a flight from KMCO to KATL. At first I was able to start FS Meteo and get live weather with no problem, but every time I tried to make KATL my destination airport (In the FSMeteo utility), FS9 crashed.This got worse and worse until I got a crash by even trying to start FSMeteo.Note: I have used this addon with no problem for years!I went back over what I had done recently and started deleting:In chronological order was the FS9 patch, American Data, VoicePack, and the new 4.10 ATI Catalyst driver with Catalyst Control Center.I finally opted to restore XPPro back to where I installed the FS9 patch. No problem existed then with FSMeteo or anything else I could find.Started reinstalling the above items one by one until I got to the patch. Everything is working fine SO FAR. I have seen nothing that I could detect that the patch was doing for me anyway, so will probably wait a while before I am brave enough to implement it again, although school is still out as to whether it had anything to do with the problem.Thought I would tell this story in the event that anybody else is seeing anything like it and this might be a possible solution.Happy flying:RTH

Guest FlyingBear

Uptil recently my system has been 100% stable, but I now find Im plagued with Fs2004 crashing to the desktop. Usually after just a few minutes. Ive not had time to begin the isolation process so Im not sure what is causing it, it may be related to the patch but it may be something else also?To early to point finger and blame the patch but it has me wondering?CheersPete :)

Guest rogue1

Watch your virtual memory usage. I had crashes after applying in the patch and renaming my previously renamed default.xml back to default.xml. I then renamed it again so it would be picked up and the CTD's went away, I swore MS said this was fixed by the patch.oh well, I didn't like the hokey fast food joints anyway.Jim

Well, I got brave enough to put the patch back in.So far so good, but I am still very aprehensive.Jim, I sure hope your fix is the answer. It would be simple enough to implement (I think).To be continued???? I hope not.RTH

Guest rogue1

Just noticed an error in my post. ARGH! You want to rename the default.xml so that it is NOT picked up (mine is default.xml.old).Sorry for the confusion. It was a bad day yesterday.Jim

Well Jim:While we are tucking our tails between our legs, let this old memory ask a question.I had renamed the default.xmi sometime back before I updated as you mention, but have a senior moment as to where this line item is located. Could you remind me please? I had the post printed out I thought, but must have misplaced it.Wasn't there also another change that accompanied this edit as well?Now less see..... Why did I go to the bathroom?Thanks:RTH

Guest rogue1

Should be in the Autogen folder in the FS2004 root folder.Jim