Sign in to follow this  
FIVE-BY-FIVE

777 version 1.5 Launch Today

Downloaded, first test flight going on right now. The 300ER addition is nice. Sounds are MUCH better than before, however still not quite there yet.

I do not see any visual improvements in VC but the light are improved nicely.

So far very stable, all systems function as they are supposed to (LNAV, VNAV, EEC, ...) and it also looks like the assumed temp T/O reduced N1 correctly!

Seems to me like good update for $10.

No updates to the VC? Sigh. That's the one thing that I don't like about flying this plane. I spend a majority of my time in VC view, at least make it look nice. Sorry maybe I'm just a bit spoiled from flying PMDG's planes in FSX. I can't accept anything less.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

No updates to the VC? Sigh. That's the one thing that I don't like about flying this plane. I spend a majority of my time in VC view, at least make it look nice. Sorry maybe I'm just a bit spoiled from flying PMDG's planes in FSX. I can't accept anything less.

every post about the 777 you keep complaining about the VC :lol:  :O  seriously I don't see the ugliness you see.  I'm running the 777 with very high/extreme textures and find it amazing.  Have you seen the VC for PMDG 747 and MD11...yuk!  Some of the complaints I read on this site are seriously out of this world :lol: too much wacky tabacky 420 (which obviously means you smoke pot a lot) :lol:

I said no update to VC, however I did like the VC before and do like it in 1.5. I run it with extreme res and the textures look OK to me...

Yes I have seen the PMDG 747 and MD11 VC's. What I am comparing to are the PMDG 737 NGX and the 777. When compared to those, it just looks horrible. It doesn't take a drunk or drug addict to realize the difference. Even at the highest settings, it doesn't even come close. I really wish someone would focus on the graphics a bit more. The only closest thing to having a nice VC in X-Plane are the planes from Carenado. Other than that, I have yet to find any other plane that is equally comparable.

Even Captain Sim's 777 VC look a whole lot better.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

300ER model is all I seen.  ^_^

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

just downloaded and installed.....it's amazing how they improved the sounds, lights and some of the textures(including the VC :lol: )  best 777 in civilian simulation is the 1.5 Version from R&P.

Improved VC? Can you post some screenshots?

Lucky you received the update notification... I'm still waiting my notification from the org.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Alexander Colka

It doesn't take a drunk or drug addict to realize the difference. Even at the highest settings, it doesn't even come close. I really wish someone would focus on the graphics a bit more. The only closest thing to having a nice VC in X-Plane are the planes from Carenado. Other than that, I have yet to find any other plane that is equally comparable.

Even Captain Sim's 777 VC look a whole lot better.

What are you, nuts? Why would a drunk or drug addict be better placed to notice the difference? Have you looked at the Jetstream cockpit and seen the reflections off the gauges?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Is the base model upgraded as well or do you have to spend 85 bucks to get the 300er in order to enjoy the improvements?

Is the base model upgraded as well or do you have to spend 85 bucks to get the 300er in order to enjoy the improvements?

If you have the base, I think you pay $25 and if you have the base and cargo plane, you pay $10. It won't be up till the morning tho. I emailed them earlier about the discount.

Chris Ferguson

PC Specs(Rebuilt 1/11/19): i7-9700K - Non-OC'd, EVGA RTX 2080ti, G.Skillz 16GB Ram 3000mhz, EVGA SuperNOVA 1000w PSU, Cooler Master ML360R, ASRock Phantom Gaming 4 MoBo, 2x 2TB HDD, 1x 1TB Samsung EVO SSD, 1x 220GB WD SSD

Here's the list of changes:

1.5.0 changelog

-new SASL version to fix crashes in X-Plane 10.22 on 64bit Windows (XP10 model only)

-new HDR exterior lighting, including wing inspection lights (XP10 model only)

-new HDR interior lighting, new cockpit flood lighting (XP10 model only)

-new 3d sound engine with tons of new engine sound files (XP10 model only)

-fixed a bug that caused a crash when entering a malformed LAT/LON waypoint

-fixed a bug on the FMC FIX page that could lead to an FMC hangup

-fixed a bug in the VNAV descent slowing the airplane down too early before a restriction

-airports with no instrument procedures no longer cause FMC hangup

-fixed a bug in the navdisplay that caused radius-to-fix transition being drawn incorrectly

-improved stall speeds at higher altitudes. You will see a more accurate depiction of the coffins corner on the PFD

-fixed animation of ailerons and outer aileron lock-out (XP10 model only)

-new pushback logic that is less confusing for third-party add ons (XP10 model only)

-fixed auto brake disarming in taxi when braking on the left side (XP10 model only)

-fixed auto brake not releasing X-Plane brake when disarming after landing (XP10 model only)

1.5.0 is going to be the last version of the 777 to support 32bit X-Plane.

every post about the 777 you keep complaining about the VC :lol: :O seriously I don't see the ugliness you see. I'm running the 777 with very high/extreme textures and find it amazing. Have you seen the VC for PMDG 747 and MD11...yuk! Some of the complaints I read on this site are seriously out of this world :lol: too much wacky tabacky 420 (which obviously means you smoke pot a lot) :lol:

The 747 and the MD-11 are very old compared to this plane. The 777 VC is substandard compared to many planes released in the last few years. The jrollon crj looks a lot better and that is a few years old now.

I would say the best 777 in simulation is the beta version on PMDG hard drives.

version 1.5 YAWWNNN. Does it still increase N1 when you enter a assumed temp LOL. Wake me up when IXEG releases their 737 or when the SAAB is out

Mike Avallone

9900k@5.0,Corsair H115i cooler,ASUS 2080TI,GSkill 32GB pc3600 ram, 2 WD black NVME ssd drives, ASUS maximus hero MB