Sign in to follow this  
Guest farmer

How do you control the King Air 350?

Guest BOPrey

Hi all,The KA350 is great machine. However, I've been having a lot of problems with it; especially on the ground. It seems that even at low idle, it continues to move forward with the break on. When the break is released, it moves so fast to a point I'm not able to control it well. When that happens, I check the speed, it's above 30. That is definitly too fast. Anyone know how to slow it down? I tried to reduce the prop, but that does not work for me either. Thnx.

Even with the throttle set to idle on a joystick or yoke it still can be set too high. Try leaving your throttle at idle setting and also hit the "F1" key. This should help keep the power down. If you are using a registered version of FSUIPC you can calibrate the throttle and even set it to use the reverse thrust when pulled all the way back... that will definitely slow you down!Zane

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Guest Captain Barfbag

I think there's a replacement .air file around for that plane, along with the default Baron in FS2002. It's been a couple of years, and I'm not sure I could find it in my collection, but look around. It makes these planes much more controllable on the ground. Until then, the F1 trick works well. Alternate between F1 to throttle down and F3 to throttle up by a notch, and you can keep your ground speed at a reasonable level.

Guest ThrottleUp

<<< It seems that even at low idle, it continues to move forward with the break on >>>Hey! That happens to me too! Its the only bummer about that plane otherwise its fun to fly.

You need to reduce the prop pitch (CTRL-F2) and condition (CTRL-SHFT-F2) to keep things managible while you taxi the default turboprops. This includes the two Caravans (Grand Caravan and the Amphibian). You may still need some occasional reverse thrust before a turn or stop. Be carefull about how far you reduce the condition, as you can completely cut the engine(s) if you reduce it too much.Don't forget to advance the Prop Pitch and condition lever before your takeoff roll!

Guest farmer

This is how I fixed minechange beta _min as shown in ac cfg. file.[propeller]thrust_scalar = 1.0 propeller_type = 0 propeller_diameter = 8.8 propeller_blades = 4 propeller_moi = 24 beta_max = 45 beta_min = 11.5 //was 15.5 min_gov_rpm = 25520 prop_tc = 0.004 gear_reduction_ratio = 17.6 fixed_pitch_beta = 0 low_speed_theory_limit = 80 prop_sync_available = 1 prop_deice_available = 1 prop_feathering_available= 1 prop_auto_feathering_available= 1 min_rpm_for_feather = 700 beta_feather = 79.3 power_absorbed_cf = 0.9 defeathering_accumulators_available= 0 prop_reverse_available = 1 minimum_on_ground_beta = 1.0 minimum_reverse_beta = -14.0