Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

"Now", it's the time...

I listened to Roberts wise words recently spoken at an AVSIM event.

That was actually one of the reasons why I decided to re-install X-Plane10 - the enthusiasm he put on this new platform, and the promise of an upcoming PMDG product for XPX.

Unfortunately everytime I decide to give XPX, FSX or P3D a new try, something intrinsic to their many flight and systems modeling limitations (systems modeling even worse in XPX given the lack of years of experience gained by FSX devs... and by the huge platform the Aces created for future development and still allows for a mighty T7 to be in the dreams of many simmers all these years past the announced end of MSFS...) makes me loose my enthusiasm soon after :-(

While supporting XPX  is great, and will certainly help sales and give room for LR to work even harder, and enlarge their team to be able to move faster, I honestly retained a LOT more what Robert might have meant when he said "and other sims/platforms"...

Not being a fun of military flight, and even less a fan of military flightsims, I was forced to try and ended up a fan of DCS World. I consider this flight simulation platform as BY FAR the most perfect in terms of physics modelling of flight, of the most various aircraft types so far produced for it, my only grip being the fact that I do not use DCS World for air combat :-/  I start it to take my P51d, or recently the UH-1H, on a short hop between two aerodromes, or a simple local circuit, some aerobatics, just to simply enjoy the masterpiece this simulator is in terms of flight dynamics!

I wonder if DCS World is in the group Robert referred to as "other platforms" ?  Imagine a PMDG-quality add-on designed for DCS World!!!! A tanker, or even, why not, their first incursion into the fighters theater with an F111, an Intruder, a B1 or a B2!!!!!!, an SR-71?... Well, there would be many many choices....

Robert - the right time, IMHO, is about - "NOW" ....  :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

A tanker, or even, why not, their first incursion into the fighters theater with an F111, an Intruder, a B1 or a B2!!!!!!, an SR-71?...

I don't think the Department of Defense or the Air Force would let that happen...

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Hmmm, ok, just the F-111, the Intruder and the tankers then....

BTW: If PMDG get's into DCS World, they'll be so rich, so soon, with the add-ons they will sell that they'll be able to buy the Department of Defense....or the Air Force! Then we can have the "B"s

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Disclosure: I'm an official 3rd party developer for DCS.

All I can say is (NDA) it is a dream to develop for. There are no limits except that of the programmer.

Best regards,

Robin.

BTW: If PMDG get's into DCS World, they'll be so rich, so soon, with the add-ons they will sell that they'll be able to buy the Department of Defense....or the Air Force! Then we can have the "B"s

DCSW is much smaller user-wise than FSX, the area coverage is very small, the navaids are very limited  ...so it's hard to imagine PMDG getting rich....

PMDG knows exactly what DCSW is, they are frequent A-10C pilots (use the search function) & this has been discussed before with Robert S.R giving his thoughts on that.

DCS + world coverage = Future Sim platform.

Sent from my Apple communications device.

Full earth scenery coverage is a non-negotiable requirement for what we do - you need to be able to fly anywhere on the planet. If DCS World comes up with that then I'm sure we would very seriously consider it - we're all fans of it here. (In fact I just bought the Huey and Combined Arms today during the sale)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Full earth scenery coverage is a non-negotiable requirement for what we do - you need to be able to fly anywhere on the planet. If DCS World comes up with that then I'm sure we would very seriously consider it - we're all fans of it here. (In fact I just bought the Huey and Combined Arms today during the sale)

Try the KA-50 if you want a true challenge. 

Nah, that's easy to fly in comparison to the Huey.

Can't speak on how they handle (not a RW helo pilot) but the KA-50's avionics and weapons systems seem to be a lot more involved than the Huey's (even with the KA's panel set to english). 

Can't speak on how they handle (not a RW helo pilot) but the KA-50's avionics and weapons systems seem to be a lot more involved than the Huey's (even with the KA's panel set to english).

Oh right. Yes the avionics are simple in comparison in the Huey, but from a 'sick and rudder' point of view it is really tricky.

Is DCS then really that good ?

I was thinking of trying it but now it seems that maybe I have to go and revisit

Is DCS then really that good ?

I was thinking of trying it but now it seems that maybe I have to go and revisit

Its phenomenal, the level of detail in the planes and the environment itself is stunning and puts FSX to utter shame.  

Its phenomenal, the level of detail in the planes and the environment itself is stunning and puts FSX to utter shame.  

Yes it is great, the p-51 is awesome, and any one that is not on it should get on it. :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

Its reallly getting exiting in the near future (1-2 years) in the small DCS World. There are many great planes in the development and many more to come.

(Personally I am really looking forward to the Mi-8 and the Mig-21.)

Additionally the new graphics engine EDGE is in the development and with it also a new map will come. This new engine will probably eliminate the last big graphical benefit, the bad looking terrain.

Very interesting things to come!

PS @PMDG: If you release the 777 at the same time as the Mig-21 you will get me into serious time truble, you know that, don't you? ;)