Sign in to follow this  
zfehr

editvoicepack 3.1 issues...

after several days of trying to get it to 'compile' a new .gvp file, I give up.is there anyone out there that would consider sending me a good 'compiled' USEnglish.gvp file with FAA options, North America (at least) and accelerated speech??ya, I know its big but I have cable.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Hello Mike,Have you tried posting over at EVP's forum? I was involved in the beta testing for 3.1 and have never had a problem with the operation of the program. Make sure you have .NET framework 1.1 installed. The important thing in the original install is that you use the default USEnglishbig.gvp (if you want all 10 voices) and not have any previous modified files from an earlier version of EVP (or MyTraffic modified voice files) in the folder. You can then start making the modifications to that original file, if you use MyTraffic there is a EVP modification file you can download through their forum. Since you fly the Pacific Northwest you will really enjoy almost all the non-tower airports up here being named rather than using alpha-numerics. I also use almost all of the ICAO phrases save for a few... they are more realistic (just select ICAO phraseology, then scroll through and deselect those items not used in the FAA system).

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

thanks...I had no idea that this file was modified by anything else I had. I do have MYT, and I did find the correct info.Things seem to work know, thank you very much for your help.

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K