Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

reinstalling win7 without re-installing fsx ?

I have just   installed win7 on c. and fsx on its own drive (d:\).  I can't seem to install service pack1 (win7) for the heck of it and I was wondering if it'd be possible to reinstall  win7 withouht reinstalling fsx ? If yes  how ?

Thanksss

V

I do not see how since reinstalling Win7 will make a new registry and that registry would have no entries for programs install on the old Win7 install so FSX would not work along with anything else that you previously installed that has to have entries in the registry to work.

I have just installed win7 on c. and fsx on its own drive (d:\). I can't seem to install service pack1 (win7) for the heck of it and I was wondering if it'd be possible to reinstall win7 withouht reinstalling fsx ? If yes how ?

Thanksss

V

If you cannot install W7 service pack (or any other W7 updates), this would tend to indicate that your W7 system has lost integrity, and probably cannot be relied upon to operate correctly.

Since re-installing W7 (and all it's updates) takes so much longer than installing FSX, I would strongly recommend that you start again, with a CLEAN install of W7 - do all the updates, and ensure that W7 is operating 100% correctly, before Installing FSX (on your 2nd drive).

Also, if you do not already, consider installing FSX in a "FSX" directory in the root of your non-OS 2nd Drive (ie D:\FSX), and not in the Windows default Program files directory. ( Will save you a lot of ADMIN/Permissions issues alter when running FSX and addons)

Remember uiautomationcore.dll FIX

try this if  you  don't  want  to do a full re install

As with all things related to Windows, the onus and liability clearly rests with the person undertaking the task!

2.  Go to Microsoft Download Center and download Win 7 with SP1.  Install using the update option.
Note: Windows 7 will need to be reactivated after installation, or it will flag itself as a trial version

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks Pete. Link #1 did the trick :-)

Glad it worked out  for  you

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Pete,

and Peter,

Wish me luck.

I ordered my components today. Some items were not in stock so I will get my stuff beginning next week.

And I am going to try one, or two or all possible suggestions to reinstall windows 7.

When I get to the final result, I ll let you know how it went.

I am not sure when nthat will be because my wife has to have some surgery and taking care of here will take quite some time during the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for the advice.

Luc Brusselmans

Belgium

Hope all goes  well with your other half  and  the re install

Peter kelberg

Pete,

Wanted to reply and say thank you for your help...I downloaded the file you suggested, followed the instructions, and found after several hours that my computer files were so corrupted that I decided to do the upgrade procedure with my retail Windows 7 OEM dvd which came with the computer that was built from parts...That procedure worked successfully, and now I have a "new" OS...Then I took the SP1 disk from Microsoft and after several minutes installed...

After all installations I actually reinstalled the FS2crew program for PMDG 737's...Worked to perfections...In fact, the flight attendant was giving instructions on top of Vatsim ATC in Salt Lake

City...LOL

I even purchased fs2crew for the Aerosoft Airbus extended version 1.16...Now I have to learn to fly the airbus..Has the fs2crew version been released for the PMDG777?

Thanks,

Bob Adams

Bob Adams