Sign in to follow this  
Guest rino

FSNavigator or Flightsim Commander?

Guest rino

Hi everyoneI own FSNavigator, and I'm satisfied overall. I've also taken a look at Flightsim Commander, wondering if it is better than FSnavigator. Is anyone using it? Comparisons?Thanx :-wave

Guest allcott

I also own FS Navigator, but after watching the forums over at the FS Navigator website, seen the complete lack of any information from the developer or any change to the website in about a year, I've concluded that it's finished. Increasingly, I find the workarounds needed to accommodate some of FS Navigators little foibles to be more and more irritating, so I'm also in the market for a living, breathing replacement. As well as wanting to know what FS Commmander is like, what's the support like?Allcott

Guest rino

Well, I suppose nobody owns it...This is also a reply;)

>Well, I suppose nobody owns it...>>This is also a reply>>;) Well, I own it Rino. What can I say? The Interface is still somewhat clumsy compared to FSNavigator. The main advantage you can run the Commander on a networked/separate PC

>I also own FS Navigator, but after watching the forums over>at the FS Navigator website, seen the complete lack of any>information from the developer or any change to the website in>about a year, I've concluded that it's finished. >Yes, you would have thought that, if the announcements were fake, the developer would be quick to dismiss them. Makes me wonder why it's still being sold if it's supposedly going to be free at some point.All very strange.

Guest LLgaz

>>>>>>>I find the workarounds needed to accommodate some of FS Navigators little foibles to be more and more irritating<<<<

Guest rino

Thanx for your replyAs a matter of fact, either simmers know very little about this program, or the program itself is not good enough to be taken into account.FSnavigator is very, very good in that it provides a map where you can look up for waypoints, VORs, etc to put in a GPS or to write down if you want to fly VOR-VOR. How else can you find your way? Other solutions seem a pain in the neck, IMOJust wondering if this Commander could replace navigator, given the uncertainty about its future:-roll

Guest McFly

There is no moving map but it is arguably the best flight planner out there. . . FS Build IMHO. The freeware, Super Flight Planner is coming right along too!Terry

Guest bobsk8

I have flown FS Nav for quite awhile and have found no problems at all with it, in fact it makes flying a pleasure and all the info you would ever need is a mouse click away. Great program