Sign in to follow this  
learn-by-flying

AccuFeel with PMDG Aircraft

Anyone using the program? I'm wondering how it performs and if you see an increase in immersion. Specifically I plan on using it with the JS41 and the NGX. I cannot find a review on AVSIM. Sim physics X is also another I am looking into.

Tom

"I just wanna tell you both: good luck. We're all counting on you."

I'm using it with the NGX and the Coolsky MD-80, and everything else in between. Hard to say if it makes a difference with the NGX, because PMDG did such a good job with all of the sounds. It works very well with all of the A2A stuff, and with all of the default FSX planes (Cessna, Mooney, etc.).

-= Gary Barth =-

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

A lot of those sounds aren't realistic at all for an airliner. You don't hear creaking and wind buffeting or the sound of the main gear touching down and squealing 100+ feet behind you in a real airliner. I'm sure the product is good for GA and whatnot, but having those things present on a jet doesn't match reality.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I'm excluding my PMDG 737 NGX, Aerosoft EXE and the Discus glider because this one causes AccuFeel errors. The rest of the aircraft (GAs), are perfectly compatible, and of course gain from the use of it, and you can even tweak stall, instability, etc...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Thanks for the replies,

I don't think I'd use the sounds, Im more interested in the "feeling of flight"; turbulence, wind, head movement. I do not run trackIR or others.

Tom

I used to use it, it wasn't a huge deal for something as large as the 737, I've stopped using now because I finds it causes OOM crashes when I use it with the ngx

Thanks for the replies,

I don't think I'd use the sounds, Im more interested in the "feeling of flight"; turbulence, wind, head movement. I do not run trackIR or others.

In this case, I'd look at Ezdok or, lesser so Opus, instead. Ezdok greatly enhances VC flying through camera movement, inside and outside views.

I bought it because people were claiming it did runway center light bumping sounds, turn out it doesn't. I still use some of the effects but have them turned down mostly. Would be great for GA but I rarely fly GA.

gents-

Sidebar:  I love the guys over at A2A.  They have done some absolutely fantastic stuff with big piston airplanes- and there are few things that get me more excited than managing complex engines with all those temps and pressures...  Their Stratocruiser is one of my top favorite non-PMDG products- even after all this time.

Now on the AccuFeel product:  It is a great tool for GA airplanes, but it adds nothing to a PMDG product that we haven't already put in there for you.

The physics we already give you (as a default part of your product purchase) far exceed anything you will buy after-market because it is tuned to give the the most realistic experience possible with the airliner you purchase from us.  Whether we are looking at Cl/Cd curves on the wing of the 777, or computing the amount of force applied by wind (computed in real time) against a non-hydraulically pressurized rudder, or heat absorption/radiation/soak rates...   The stuff we give you as part of your default PMDG package is already as good as you will get for that airplane.

(It is probably our mistake for not marketing it as some kind of product extension and giving it a brand name that you'll be willing to pay extra for...  :ph34r: )

We prefer to just pack it all into one single product that you buy... and use... and use... and use... 

So- you won't gain anything by using Accufeel with a PMDG product- but by all means I still encourage you to support the A2A guys...  They deserve it.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

How about the new DynamicFriction lua in FSUIPC package (limited up to about 35knots)? Will it affect PMDG's taxi and t/o performance in any negative way?

Thanks,

Igor

gents-

Sidebar:  I love the guys over at A2A.  They have done some absolutely fantastic stuff with big piston airplanes- and there are few things that get me more excited than managing complex engines with all those temps and pressures...  Their Stratocruiser is one of my top favorite non-PMDG products- even after all this time.

Now on the AccuFeel product:  It is a great tool for GA airplanes, but it adds nothing to a PMDG product that we haven't already put in there for you.

The physics we already give you (as a default part of your product purchase) far exceed anything you will buy after-market because it is tuned to give the the most realistic experience possible with the airliner you purchase from us.  Whether we are looking at Cl/Cd curves on the wing of the 777, or computing the amount of force applied by wind (computed in real time) against a non-hydraulically pressurized rudder, or heat absorption/radiation/soak rates...   The stuff we give you as part of your default PMDG package is already as good as you will get for that airplane.

(It is probably our mistake for not marketing it as some kind of product extension and giving it a brand name that you'll be willing to pay extra for...  :ph34r: )

We prefer to just pack it all into one single product that you buy... and use... and use... and use... 

So- you won't gain anything by using Accufeel with a PMDG product- but by all means I still encourage you to support the A2A guys...  They deserve it.

Thanks Robert,

Their stuff really is quite fascinating, I was mostly looking for what you have already put into the products I use.

Tom