Sign in to follow this  
Guest anzaq

taxiways not showing up

Guest anzaq

Hi everyone,Hope someone here can help me with this problem. Was using afcad to modify a dead airport in fs9. I extended the runway, added taxiways and parking aprons. I did notice that when adding the taxiways in afcad, only the yellow marker lines were showing and no textures. When I tried running the airport in fs9, all i could see was the runway and the parking aprons but no taxiways except the yellow lines showing through the grass. I had the taxiway texture set for concrete so I'm at a loss as to what's wrong. I've used the afcad program before to modify other airports with no problems at all. The only difference is since then is that I've updated to fs9.1 and installed the latest fsuipc. Any help would be appreciated.Gordon

If you mean by dead, an airport that is no longer used, then the airport probably doesn't have a flatten beneath its surface. The taxiways are not showing since they are below the terrain altitude for this area.Another thing to check is if the taxiways are actually floating above you. Press CTRL-S for top-down mode. If you now see the taxiways/runways/aprons, then they are actually floating above not buried in the terrain.If you need to make a flatten, visit http://www.fs-traveler.com/resources-g.shtml and download the Utility to flatten terrain.W. Sieffert

Guest anzaq

Thanks for replying.I've already got that utility and i made the flatten for the airport.I'd set the runway,aprons and taxiways at the correct altitude. But still I get everything perfect except the taxiways. I tried from a top down view also but the taxiways were still not there. I decided to go to another airport in which I successfully modified, and tried to add an extra taxiway to see what happens. It seems that the result was the same, the taxiway did not show, or I should say that the texture did not show. The yellow edge lines however were all there. I'm just wondering if there might be a problem with the afcad program itself, whether the fs9.1 patch might have changed something in some way. I don't know. Gordon

Did you by any chance add third party scenery that changed the texture file from its normal texture to a grass texture? Check your taxi_concrete.bmp in the Texture folder to see if the date matches the other taxi_xxxx.bmp files. If different you may have replaced the default file.I just looked at my test scenery that uses concrete taxiways and they are still visible with the FS9.1 Update.W. Sieffert

Guest anzaq

Hi again, Finally got my taxiways showing again. Did as you asked and had a look at my add on sceneries. The last one I put in was a scenery file which had Norway airports in it. Since that was the only scenery i had added in the last 2 weeks, I decided to remove it to see what happened. Now everything is back to normal and I have taxiways again. Thanks for your help.Gordon