Sign in to follow this  
Helge Rasmussen

Best helicopter for FSX or X-Plane

Hi,

I thought I would do sometihng new and try flying a helicopter.

What is the best helicopter add on for FSX  (as a simulation not just eye candy)?

Same question regarding X-Plane.

Helge

Helge Rasmussen

The milviz Augusta Westland looks really nice for FSX, been considering it myself. 

For FSX, Dodosim 206, Cera 212/412, or Aerosoft Huey (I don't have the Aerosoft Huey, but I here it is a very nice simulation). Nothing else even comes close.

Brandon Filer

Nice find on the Cera, just bought the 222 and looking forward to the Blackhawk!

Thanks for the input, I went for realism so bought the Dodosim 206.

Any idea whether the DodoSim Huey will ever materialize? 

The 206 manual says "coming soon" and it was written in 2009.

Helge

Helge Rasmussen

I have a soft spot in my heart for the mysterious Hungarian team that is Nemeth Designs. They make really beautiful-looking helicopters that tend to have weird, annoying bugs they never seem to get around to fixing. Kind of the Carenado of helicopters. Still love the AS350 and the Agusta.

Hi,

I thought I would do sometihng new and try flying a helicopter.

What is the best helicopter add on for FSX  (as a simulation not just eye candy)?

Same question regarding X-Plane.

Helge

DCS Quality in XP10 64bit:

http://store01.prostores.com/servlet/x-planestore/Detail?no=465

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDFH6tikT0Y

Thanks for the input, I went for realism so bought the Dodosim 206.

Any idea whether the DodoSim Huey will ever materialize? 

The 206 manual says "coming soon" and it was written in 2009.

Helge

They said a while back that it is unlikely the Huey will be released/finished. The model was made so long ago that it is no where near up to current standards and would have to be redone from scratch to be done properly. Sadly, I don't see them doing this.

Brandon Filer

Too bad, helicopters are a niche in a niche market. It cannot be easy to earn a living implementing them I guess.

Helge Rasmussen

I just bought the CERA Bell  412/EP FSX SP2, but I cannot find the manual for it.

I assume there is one, but where is it?

I checked the start menu, and the simobject folder without any luck, so does anyone here know where it is?

Helge

Helge Rasmussen

How's the Aerosoft Huey in terms of FDE?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

How's the Aerosoft Huey in terms of FDE?

Next best one after the Dodosim. VRS (Vortex Ring State) isn't modelled in the AS Huey as it's close to impossible to "successfully" get the RW Huey into that state.

And, yes, the Dodosim is great for its no. of variants, its FDE, and the inflight-changing of the realism setting. No need to touch the FSX setting, it can stay maxed as you would configure it for most of your fixed-wing planes.

There isn't a properly done GA hd chopper for fsx if I'm honest.. I went through them all.

HOWEVER

Alabeo is working on a Robinson R66 that looks absolutely amazing.. that will be the first ever hd rotary addon:

98694928450721.jpg

More pictures here: http://www.alabeo.com/index.php?accion=incoming

The only problem as I see it, is the fsx flight dynamics for rotaries.. I mean, it's not nearly as good as x-plane's. So, my hope is that p3d 2.0 changes that and the whole fsx-scene.

Not sure what you are considering HD in this case, but there have been plenty of helicopter add-ons with HD textures released. Even my freeware Bell 222A has HD exterior textures. Most, if not all Nemeth add-ons are HD, as well as the Cerasim Bell 222B.

Brandon Filer