Sign in to follow this  
Michael Smith

Aeroprakt A22 Foxbat

Hey y'all... I've searched around and found a couple models for the A22 but both are based in FS9. (Even though one claims to be compatible with both FS9 and X)

When I add one of the A22 aircraft to the FSX aircraft folder most of the plane looks fine but most of the panel and components are invisible and transparent... Most of what I have read says missing textures are to blame. How can I fix this? I do not know how to change textures...

This aircraft is important to me as its the same plane flown at the local club.

I downloaded a Foxbat (for FSX) from simviation earlier this year. Haven't flown it a whole lot yet, but I'm sure I checked after installation and panels and gauges appeared as expected.

That model only works for me when using DirectX 9. I'm using DirectX 10 since everything else looks best with it. When I use that model plane with DirectX 10 the exterior and panel are all white and gauges are unreadable.

And before anyone points this out... Yes I'm aware that DirectX 10 is a preview in FSX... But like many others have posted about their systems, my system runs FSX better with that DirectX 10 box ticked. I'm not asking for an all encompassing fix to make DirectX 10 (or 11) work for all aircraft that have this issue... Just wondering if anyone knows a way I can swap out textures or something in CFG files that can be changed or tweak to make this aircraft work with DirectX 10! Thanks!

Thank you Mesh - I will give this a try!

For anyone who is interested, the aircraft I'm specifically trying to work with is NOT the one from Horizon... It's from a Russian developer but I don't have the name of the brand at this time.

Ok so here's the deal... the Horizon Simulation A-22 designed by Rick Piper is a cool little airplane but I did not have success with using the converter (mentioned above) in bringing the airplane into FSX with DirectX 10 Preview selected. Granted, DX10 is only a preview but anyway, no success.

But, I DID find this model for FS9:

http://flightsimulatorjbs.blogspot.ae/2013/04/aeroprakt-22ls-foxbat-wheel-ski.html

This was the one I talked about earlier in the post but at that time I couldn't find the link.

So, I tried it and the result was pretty good, except black glass (windows and windscreen) and a solid gray propeller. I managed to swap the propeller texture file out with the default C172 from FS9 and that made it look presentable. But I've tried the same trick with glass textures and having no luck.

Any ideas?

I installed the FSX version of Aeroprakt A22 Foxbat and all is well but for one minor glitch that I can't figure out.  The direction gauge on the VC panel, which is on the top row all the way to the right, does not load.  I just get a blacked out window place holder.  Reinstallation of FSX and of the A22 does not resolve the gauge problem.  Friends of mine are running the same aircraft without an issue like this.  The rest of the gauges install fine.  It appears that the gauges are tied to the model, since these gauges do not appear in the VCockpit section of the panel.cfg.  I downloaded DXTbmp and I can see the texture files and the appropriate parts of that gauge there...it just does not load when I start up the A22.

Thoughts?  Solutions?

Thanks.