Sign in to follow this  
Guest _patrol_

simTECH P39......

Guest Bob I

Hi,Is the big D/N worth it? Thanks.Layabout

I like the plane, aesthetically the bare aluminum texture is cool. It's fairly easy to fly (which is what I like). Stalls a little easily after takeoff, gotta give it time. When pulling out of a dive, it does a funny porpoising thing. But at that point I'm probably stressing it unrealistically. A little touchy on the ailerons, so landing wings level I found a little challenging. Maybe realistic though, who knows.I'm no expert flyer though.The two variants and accompanying textures are almost 800 Mb of HD space. That's something to think about. I found it worthwhile. These planes are a great gift to the community.Jon

Guest _patrol_

Can bare metal surfaces, such as on this aircraft, be converted to DXT3, or is this impossible/undesireable.ThanksDavid

Sure. See other thread on this page as of today's date. With every respect to Tom Wood, his texture sizes are unnecessarily massive; although you will lose a little quality by converting external textures to DXT3, on some of his textures you'll be pushed to see the difference and your frame rates will love you for it. Even his pilot bitmaps are 2.66MB on the Lavochlin, for example! Crazy stuff ...Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/newlogo.jpg

Guest buggabee

Are the stock aircraft in DXT3?