Sign in to follow this  
Guest Martin

A question to people that know SAS Scandinavian operations

Guest creber1

I have a question on how SAS assigns planes and crews to its routes. Planes: do planes registered in Norway only fly to and from Norwegian airports, or also fly between other non-Norwegian airports, the same about Swedish and Danish planes? In other words, could one see a Danish-registered plane on a Swedish domestic route, or going from Oslo to Paris?Crews: how is the mix? Do cabin and cockptit crews on a given plane always fcome from the same country, or are they mixed? And, would they go on any route or fly only between "their" countries (i.e. Danish crew also going on Norwegian domestic flights or between Stockholm and Frankfurt for example?)Thanks for info

Guest Martin

I wouldn't say I "know" their operations, but living in Sweden and having flown with SAS several times I know the "basics".The planes fly on "all" routes. A few weeks ago I flew EKCH-KIAD on LN-RCH (Norwegian reg.) and last week I flew KORD-ESSA on LN-RKH (also Norwegian). Looking at for instance airliners.net will also reveal many SAS aircraft with "foreign" registrations.I don't know about cabin crews on domestic flights, as it's been over five years since I was on an SAS domestic flight, but on international flights the cabin crew is always mixed (at least in principle).Cockpit crews can be mixed, but on my EKCH-KIAD flight I think they were all Danish, and on the KORD-ESSA flight they were definitely all Swedish.Martin767 fetishistIt's a lot like life and that's what's appealing

Guest norwegian

Yes, they mix all the crew (iv'e gotten danish captains with swedish co-pilots in norway) and registers doesent matter! they fly all over the place no matter the register!